Tomorrow in your life - Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Labour of love"

Days and weeks passed and Carissa was still in the hospital and Candy went to see them every weekend. Carissa seemed to be adapting to the treatment, but after a while, the doctors decided to find another method of treatment; the bone marrow transplant. Melissa, Philippe, James and Cassie were tested first. But none of them were compatible. James and Cassie were compatible to themselves. Melissa and Philippe were devastated. They tried all the family members, but no one was compatible, at 100. Because with the type of leukemia Carissa had, she needed a perfect donor in order to get better. Now they had to look for anonymous donors; they had to look in the general databank of donors. That will take some time.

- Doctor, said Melissa, what will happen if no one is compatible? Finding a perfect donor who's not a member of the family is extremely rare...

- Where are not there yet, said the doctor

- Yes, said Philippe, our friends will come and get tested too

- What if all that doesn't work? Said Melissa

- Well, there's another possibility...

- Which one? Asked Philippe

- You can try to have another baby and pray that he or she is compatible...

- Pray?

- There's a 50 chance, that the baby won't be compatible...

The doctor let them to go back to work. Melissa and Philippe remained silent. It was not a problem to have another baby, but...

- Honey, said Philippe, are you thinking what I'm thinking?

- It takes 9 months for a baby to be born...Said Melissa

- We have nothing to lose trying...

- We'll gain another baby...

They decided to make another baby, to be prepared in case all the other solutions don't pan out.

When Candy came to see them on Saturday with Terry, her friends and her cousins, they learned the sad news and they decided to get all tested.

- We never know, said Candy, the solution might be looking at us

- Thanks Candy, said Melissa, thanks to all of you, that's really nice of you

- It's a pleasure, said Stear, we hope one of us can help little Carissa

They all went to get tested. Candy thanked Terry and her friends.

- No need, Freckles, it's the least we could do...

- I'm going to see Carissa, while you get tested, said Candy

Candy went to Carissa's room, she was pale and was started to lose her hair, because of the chemo.

- Candy! She said with a weak voice

- Hi, honey, said Candy softly, how are you?

- I feel nauseous...

- That's normal after the chemo... my poor little darling

- Don't be sad Candy, God will find a solution; he's not going to let me die... he wouldn't want mummy to be sad again by losing another child...

- You're right, we have to be optimistic and have faith, said Candy hugging her

Candy didn't really understood what Carissa meant by "...losing another child" but she didn't want to grill the little sick girl with questions. She started to tell stories to Carissa and Melissa was looking at them smiling. Candy was absolutely charming. The whole family had fallen in love with her. Since it was a Saturday, the employees of the lab were not there, they had left early. They will have to wait the beginning of next week to get the results. Candy was talking to Melissa in Carissa's room. This last one was asleep.

Tomorrow in your life - Completeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें