Tomorrow in your life - Chapter 1

By Mallory Quinn

Think: Candy, Terry and the whole gang, in our time, today...

Chapter 1

"Between heaven and earth"

- Would you like something, Miss Andrew? Asked the stewardess

- A fruit juice please, answered Miss Andrew

The stewardess gave her a little bottle of fruit juice with a little plastic cup.

- Thank you she said

- You're welcome

Candice White Andrew was sitting in first class in a Boeing 747 that was taking her to London. The plane had just left and was suppose to stop at New York. She was obeying, almost against her will, Uncle William's order. But she had to obey him, because, after all he had the goodness of adopting her. She was abandoned as a baby in front of the Pony House, an orphanage in Michigan. Her best friend, Annie found the same day as her, was adopted by the Brighton at six. She had lived without her best friend during all those years, at the age of 13, she was hired as a companion in the Reagan family, for their two children Neil and Eliza; in the beginning, then she became the maid, the stable girl... but because of her friendship with the cousins of the Reagan children, that were leaving close by, she was adopted by the Great Uncle William. Anthony, Alistair and Archibald all fell under her charm, but she was under Anthony's spell. She was in love with him and he was in love with her. They had plans; to go to school together, make their life together. They went to the fair and they saw a gipsy woman that told them the she will have a good life full of obstacles... to Anthony she said he will have a nice life , but that there was a cloud and her face changed saying that. She then went back on her words saying that they both will have a nice life together... they had left happy. But not much longer after that, when Candy was officially adopted by the Great Uncle William, Anthony took the car to buy her a present. On the way back, he had had a terrible accident and he was dead on the scene. That day, that was suppose to be the most beautiful day of her life had become the saddest day in her life. The Great Aunt Elroy was angry at Candy. Anthony went to buy her a present and he died. It was Candy's fault! Why did William adopt her? She only brought bad luck to their family. The others kids were sent to London in boarding school, St. Paul Academy. Candy went back to the Pony house to cry on the shoulders of her two mothers, Miss Pony and sister Maria. Then George, Uncle William's assistant, came to take he a little after Christmas to send her to London to be with the others. There, she took the plane at Chicago airport to London.

She was sitting at the window and sleeping during the stop in New York. She woke up when the plane was in the middle of the Atlantic. She asked herself at first where she was. She opened her eyes slowly and saw a face that seemed familiar ...

"Anthony she whispered"

But looking closer, she saw that it wasn't him, but a young man that was crying in silence. He seemed so sad. He wiped his tears.

- Are you all right? Asked Candy, do you need any something?

The young man was startled a little; a little confused to have been caught crying.

- No thanks! He said dryly

- Ok, said Candy, I wanted to help ... that all! No need to bite my head off!

She took her laptop out and started sending e-mails to Miss Pony, Sister Maria and all those little friends of the orphanage. When she finished, she started at Anthony's picture that she had put as a wallpaper; Anthony was smiling, she will never see those beautiful bleu eyes and his nice smile. She closed her computer and fell tears coming into her eyes, that she closed with pain. Oh, how she missed him! She loved him so much! She didn't know the young main next to her, saw what had happened.