"Any day now." Izzy sing-songs while waiting for Alec to get his stele out. The vampires started banging on the door violently making it clang back and forth as Izzy and I tried to keep the weight on it.

"Yeah, if you hold the door still, it might be a lot easier" Alec complains while searching for his stele, once he finds it he begins to rune the steel door. "It's not taking it." He concluded.

I look around the room to see if there was anything to keep the door closed, I look up and see iron pipes lining the ceiling above us. I grab Alec's blade and cut a decent chunk of the pipe, catch it swiftly in my hand and fed it through the handle to keep the door shut. "Whoever said, 'The pen is mightier than the sword,' was an idiot." I hand Alec back his Seraph blade and cross my arms over my chest while breathing heavily.

"Damn, Ruelle! Nice!" Izzy compliments while smiling.

"When you're right, you're right." Alec says simply as we all take a few steps back and watch the Vampires try and shove open the door.

"Do you think they know where we are?" Izzy smiles jokingly.

"That's the idea, right?" Alec adds on.

"How long do you think we have to distract them for?" I ask to no one in particular.

"Ten more minutes." Izzy smiles while still staring at the door as the banging only got louder.

"Ten minutes? Are you kidding?" I knew we wouldn't be able to distract them for that long.

"We're liquid lunch in five." Alec basically says exactly what I'm thinking out loud.

"So let's distract them." Izzy smirks as she activates her bracelet and turns it into a whip.

"So let's distract them." I repeat while grabbing my Ring Daggers out of my jacket pocket.

"Ruelle, are you sure your okay to fight? What if you get-" Alec asks concerningly but I quickly cut him off.

"I'm not going to just stand in the corner and watch you two fight, I'm okay. I can handle some vamps." I say while smiling lightly.

"You better get ready, then." Alec grabs an arrow and loads his bow getting ready to fire as the iron bar looks as if it's not going to be holding up for much longer.

Just as predicted, a hand comes through the gap of the door, grabs the pipe and throws it out of the way. The steel door swings open and in an instant Izzy grabs the first vampire by the ankle with her whip and sends him slamming to the ground. She then pulls him closer to her and stabs him with the blade resulting in him exploding. All of a sudden we were surrounded by vamps. I slashed as Izzy whipped and Alec shot. There was a blur of orange particles everywhere.

"This is fun." I smile as I caught my breathe.

"Keep coming, boys." Izzy grinned in agreement.

✵✵✵

After we fought the bulk of vampires, all three of us followed the sound of fighting and Clary's screams.
We soon walked into a very darkly furnished living room to see Jace fighting off multiple vamps on his own and Clary being thrown around.

"Jace!" I yell as I grab my daggers and slash two of the Vamps that were on Jace. He stood up and grabbed his blade that was on the floor. Alec and Izzy handled the others. I took a moment to look up and see a Vampire in a blue motorcycle jacket grabs Clary and holds his claws to her throat.