7. Up in Flames

I followed Alec as he jumped from buildings to buildings silently. Obviously he was upset or mad about what Hodge had said but for the sake of his bond with Jace I hope he doesn't take it too seriously. It felt like ages before we finally came to what I believed was the address Izzy sent Alec. Alec and I jumped down and walked towards a stair case and soon enough, a girl in a fiery red body con dress came into view.

"Izzy. I got your text." Alec says as he adjusts his quiver on his shoulder, "where are we exactly?" He asks as he takes in our surroundings.

"It's an old meatpacker's service entrance.
If we go back there, we come up into the basement of the Hotel DuMort." Izzy smiles quite proud of herself, "Perfect, right? We distract the vamps, Clary and Jace have time to find Simon." She explains the rest of the plan while silently praising herself.

"Okay." Alec mumbled bluntly and continues to scope out the entrance.

"Okay? It was hard work interrogating Meliorn to get this intel." Izzy's smiles fades instantly as she gets annoyed at her brothers dullness.

"Great job, Izzy." Alec grins sarcastically, he then drops his smile and points to Izzy's dress, "You have faerie dust on your dress." Alec rolls his eyes and turns around, "I hate being the distraction." He huffed.

"I don't." Izzy smiles mischievously. "You know, you'd be a lot happier if you weren't so freaking repressed." She grits her teeth, cursing under her breathe, "Alec?" Izzy calls out again as Alec pauses but doesn't answer, "Hello?" She tries again but He simply rolls his eyes and continues to make sure the place was safe.

"God what the hell is his problem?" Izzy huffs and turns to me as I leaned against the brick wall behind us.

"That's rhetorical, right?" I joked trying to lighten up the mood, thankfully Izzy chuckled and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Unlike your dearest brother, I'm going to say a genuine good job cause other wise there is no way we would've been able to get the mundane." I say trying to cheer her up.

"Yeah well it was mostly my fault that he is here in the first place." She sighs.

"Hey on the bright side, you got to see Meliorn again. Wink wink" I nudged as she swatted me on my arm while laughing.

"Come on let's go get this done." She smiles at me while grabbing my hand and we both followed in the general direction we last saw Alec go. We walked down a hallway and saw Alec at the end of it.

"You're really not gonna talk to me, are you?" Izzy asks her older brother as soon as we catch up with him.

"That's because you have no idea what you're talking about." Alec replies bitterly and starts climbing a ladder.

"But I do. You're hiding from yourself, not me.
You have feelings, whether you like 'em or not, Alec." Izzy says as she climbed up right behind him and me trailing behind, trying to give the siblings their space.

"This is not the time or the place, Izzy." Alec dismisses finally looking at her when she reaches the next floor.

"I don't know. Looks pretty smooth so far." Izzy smirks as she momentarily forgets about her argument with Alec.

"This must be the way." I say looking at a door to my right, trying to get them to stop bickering. As soon as I opened the door, a group of vampires all hissed and lunged in our direction.

"Well, not that smooth." Izzy says, taking back her previous statement. Alec kicked the door closed as I stood there shell shocked and we all threw our weight on the door.