The first time part one

Start from the beginning

When I was walking back to the table, it hit me.  Maybe this was him moving on, detaching himself from me so that he can settle down like most people his age. It made me scared because then he would move out and I'd be pushed away from him. I'd only end up being a memory of his past until he forgets all about me or he dies. She was slowly beginning to replace me and eventually I'll be out of the picture.

If Phil left for her then I'll truly be alone.

I didn't really comprehend that I hadn't moved until a barista asked if I was okay multiple times. I nodded and looked down at my hot chocolate then up to the back of their heads. Phil had his arm around Allison and she was leaning on his shoulder. Deciding to leave the couple alone, I went to sit at a lonely corner table.

Maybe I should just leave.

The nervous feeling was in my stomach and I didn't really feel like going out today anymore when I knew I had to. My feelings were contradicting themselves because I felt that I wanted my friend all to myself but I also wanted him to  have a chance at a wife and kids.

Before I could fully decide if I was actually going to leave, Allison looked at her phone and went to stand up. I was confused when Phil looked up, grabbed onto her arm, and asked her something quietly. She looked down at him and whispered something before leaving. I stood up and made my way back to the table where Phil was angrily sipping his drink.

"Where'd she go?" I asked, watching as she started walking away from us. Phil looked behind himself and watched until her figure disappeared, "Phil?"

He shrugged his shoulders before standing up, "She had better plans. Can we just go home now?"

I frowned because I didn't want to go home now. It was funny to even think that I thought of going home just seconds ago but seconds ago Allison was here. "I thought you wanted to go holiday shopping to get it over with."

Phil sighed, "I did but what's the point if she isn't coming with us. I wanted her to pick out her gift."

"Umm, Christmas is supposed to be about the surprise and thought put into a gift." I said completely confused by his logic.

"I know that but apparently she returns everything someone gets her so I just wanted to make sure it was perfect." Phil said dejectedly. In other words, she was pretty much Rachel from Friends. It made me angry how he treated her as if she was some sort of pampered princess. I thought relationships were about treating each other as equals but from what I've seen, Allison seems to place herself above Phil and he just lets her.

"I'm sure she'll love whatever you get her." I said.  Phil always got the best presents. Sure, they were a little strange but they made you think of him every time you looked at it.

"I'll wait just to be safe. There's no point going if she isn't coming with us."

"Well, I thought we were going to go without her in the first place." I snapped and went to walk away. He infuriates me so much any more. I stormed out of Starbucks, the bell on the door just annoying me even more. I went to stand on the edge of the pavement, waiting for the traffic to die down. I was about to cross the road to the car park when a hand latched onto my arm. I pulled myself away from the grasp and turned around, ready to go off on the stranger. However, Phil was the one who grabbed onto my arm.

"You're right, I get why you're mad and I'm sorry." Phil apologized, slightly pouting.

I don't think he understands why I'm truly on edge but at least he understands a tiny bit, "It's okay. I forgive you." I smiled at Phil and watch as a tiny smile formed on his face. "Do you still want to go home or?"

Phil looked around like he was contemplating the question, "Like you said, we were going to go shopping together without her so we should go shopping. It wouldn't be fair to you if I didn't go through with our plan." he said, glancing around us until his eyes landed back on mine, "Only if you want to though."

I thought about rejecting his offer just to show him how pissed I was at him. I would have but I needed to go get this present I've been searching for. I finally found a shop that had it and they only had one available. Sadly, they couldn't hold it for me. "I want to." Phil smiled at that and we made our way to our car. (They have a car in this. Shhh)

Phil and I drove around, stopping at certain places that we thought would have the best presents for our families and friends. We laughed and terribly sang along to random songs. It was getting later when I saw the shop the gift was in. I pulled off into one of the car parks and turned the car off. I glanced around until my eyes landed on a smoothie shop.

"Phil, can you go get me a smoothie while I  go get something real quick?" I asked.

"Why can't we go get both of them
together?"

I thought of it before coming up with a believable excuse, "It's getting late and closing time is about to happen.  If we both go then I might not be able to get the other."

Phil nodded, "What flavour do you want?"

"Umm, strawberry and banana."

We got out the car and went our separate ways. I watched as he entered the smoothie place before heading towards the record store. The bell dinged when I opened the door and workers looked up at the stranger that happened to walk in. I walked around the store for a little bit before seeing the vinyl propped up on a shelf. I let out a cheer of victory before practically lunging for it. (I did this into a cd bin and it's actually for the same album. I wouldn't recommend doing this because people will stare and think you're crazy.)

Muse- The Resistance

Phil had the album back in 2009 but somehow lost it when we were moving to London. I wanted to buy it for him again because I knew how mad he was when he lost it. I picked it up and bought it, asking if they had any bags that Phil wouldn't be able to see through. They didn't but they did end up using multiple bags so it'd be much harder to see. I thanked them and left just in time to see Phil looking around for me.

"Phil!" I called out.

He turned around with two cups in his hand. I took the smoothie and thanked him for getting it for me. We sipped the smoothies on the way back to the car, making the occasional joke.

"What's in the bag?" Phil asked as I placed it in the back seat.

I smiled and turned to look at him, "Nothing to worry about my dearest Philip."

He stuck his tongue out at me and I laughed at how childish and cute it was.

>•<

Has anyone picked a side to be on yet? Do you think Dan being angry is acceptable?

Sorry to anyone named Allison that's reading.

Song: Afraid by The Neighbourhood