Ice Cream Surprise

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing out here all alone?" They asked, worry very, very clear in their voice.

It was Josh.

"J-Josh?" Tyler gasped. He immediately hugged back, smelling the sharp scent of the woods on his black jacket.

"Yeah, it's me. Is your head okay? You hit it when you fell."

"I-I did?" Tyler pulled away from him, feeling the back of his head. A small amount of blood touched his fingers, and he winced.

"I don't remember feeling it happen..."

"You were in shock, it numbed your pain. We have to get out of here." Josh said hurriedly, taking Tyler's hand and leading him away from the clearing.

"Why? Why so fast?"

"You split your head open, remember?"

Tyler looked away for a second, down at the forest floor that was littered with leaves and broken twigs.

"Oh...yeah."

"What were you doing out here anyway? It's dangerous." Josh asked him. He cast a side glance at Tyler, who was a little lost in his own head.

"Well...why were you out here? If it's dangerous, then shouldn't you be cautious too?"

Josh stopped, ceasing the walk back to the house. He stood in front of Tyler, hands on his shoulders.

"I practically grew up in these woods, Tyler. I know every aspect of it and you," he let out wry chuckle, "You've never even been in here before."

Tyler had to agree. "Yeah, I guess. But what were you doing, anyway? You were just standing there, it creeped me out."

"I needed some peace of mind. Now come on, let's get inside."

"Inside?"

Tyler hadn't noticed they were at the cusp of the forest, right by the house. The walk didn't last that long, not long at all. Why was that?

He had been knocked on the head...

In the house, Josh sat Tyler down and cleaned his head. He clicked his tongue like a worried mother, playfully scolding Tyler for looking for him in the forest with no prior knowledge of it.

"Well, you won't need stitches. It should heal in a couple of days, just try and avoid scratching your head."

Josh gave him an ice pack and sat in the chair next to him. He smiled as he watched Tyler since and move back and forth in the chair, uncomfortable with the cold on his head.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Tyler asked, one eye closed.

"Because you're cute."

"I'm bleeding out of my head." Tyler said blankly.

"Doesn't mean you're not cute." Josh winked at him, and that caused a fire to erupt in Tyler's chest. He blushed and shied away, hand still holding the ice pack to his head.