Epilogue

---Kiyomi---

I sat on the roof of my home, the night sky was dark, stars scattered all over it.

The moon was full, the light shown down on the village, making it look even more beautiful in the moonlight.

I took a breath in, feeling the cool breeze past my skin as I breathed out.

It's quiet. I thought. I like it like this. It makes me so calm; it makes the village seem so peaceful. 

I felt a smile cross my lips as I heard the faint voices of Gaara and Mari, our daughter. 

Yes, she's 3 now and her brother Ken is 7. 

Funny isn't it? Al those years ago at the Chūnin exams when I was about to kill Gaara, I saw this. 

Us.

We were a family with two children, a boy and a girl.

And here I stand, 15 years later, married to Gaara with a boy and a girl.

I know, odd isn't it? I still remember that day... I never really thought this would happen. I mean sure a lot has happened since then. Gaara and I have had our ups... and our downs.

And when I say downs... well we've disagreed on a few things, but one in particular that I wasn't happy with.

---flashback---

"Gaara! No you can't do this!" I cried as I clung to his arm, doing all I could to stop him from taking another step.

"Kiyomi, please just let go." he said, his voice calm yet slightly shaky, as if he's trying to stop himself from lashing out at me.

"Gaara! You can't! I won't let you! It's not right!"

"It's a mission Kiyomi. I have to do this."

"No! Just refuse the mission! Gaara please! They're Rei's clan! They're the only ones left! If you kill them... then Rei..."

"He'll be the last one left." said Gaara, his voice slightly softer now. "I know Kiyomi. But they're causing too much trouble. It's my duty to take them out. You can't stop me from doing this. I'm the only one that can."

Tears fell freely down my face but I couldn't care less. I just didn't want Gaara to do this. He can't... It's not right

"Don't... Gaara... Please... don't."

"Goodbye Kiyomi." he said as he pulled out of my grip before disappearing in a poof of smoke.

--end of flashback--

I sighed at the memory.

As soon as he left my grip, I knew I couldn't stop him. Fact I can still remember how painful it was just watching him walk away from me. Just seeing him and knowing I couldn't stop him from what he was about to do. 

Yes, Gaara did succeed in killing the last members of Rei's clan. Of course they had abandoned Rei a long time ago since he could never unleash his kekkei genkai. But still.

I just... I knew then that Rei would be the last member of his clan. I would never want that for anyone. Its bad enough it happened to Sasuke. 

Although, it was when he got back that I flipped.

---flashback---

I sat alone at the dinner table, my expression was blank, I didn't speak. All I did was sit.