chapter 4

Rockys POV

So everyone finished lunch and we all packed into the van to go to the studio. Once we got there we were called in to our appointment immediately. To be honest I would rather be completely lost in dream land than filing into our usual spots behind the glass to record our newest song. I didn't sleep at all last night.

I walk into the studio and to my spot behind the glass. Everyone follows behind me and goes to where their spots to stand or sit are. I look at the people who work at the studio on the other side of the glass who are patiently waiting for us to finish getting everything set up. I grab my guitar and plug it in to the amp as I pull the guitar strap onto my shoulder. I look at Ross who now has his guitar hanging off his shoulder and the neck of his guitar in his right hand. With his left hand he taps the microphone checking it for sound. Riker is plugging in his bass to the amp, Rydel is setting up her keyboard and checking her Mic. As I check my microphone, Ratliff adjusts his seat and gets comfortable. Now that everyone is ready we await for them to do the instrument sound check. We get the go ahead to do the soundcheck. So we start playing one of the songs on our album for souncheck. A few minutes later Ratliff counted us down by hitting his drumsticks together three or four times and we started recording the album. A few hours pass and we had to record the deluxe edition of our album.

Ratliff's POV

So today was longer than it usually is for a recording day. Thank God that today was our last day of recording for the new album. Now I just can't wait for the album to come out in stores. The fans are blowing up our twitters, our facebook page, and our instagrams asking for the release date which we will be releasing the release date tomorrow afternoon. I'm so thankful for our fans and for how loyal they are to us. They mean so much not only to me but to all of us, Ryland too.

Once we finished recording we had to have a meeting, conference, or whatever type of talk you wanna call it, with our mananger. I wonder what he wants to talk to us about today. Last time we had to meet up with him it wasn't so.... well let's just say that it wasn't such a pleasant meeting. I would just say that he was in like 12 different moods at once, and no not one of them had any form of glee, joy, or happiness of any form in them. They all were forms of anger, frustration, hatred, and irritation. He isn't that fun to be around when he is like that, not that anyone is.

So now we are standing in front of his office. He has called in his next "appointment" since we were about thirty minutes late again. I am standing there praying and hoping with everything in my being that he is in a better mood this time. I look over at Rydel and can tell as I studied her that she was doing the same thing and feeling the same way that I am. 'Shes's so beautiful.' I thought to myself. I am not real sure why but I have been catching myself thinking that everytime I come around her. Then when I am not home or she is nowhere around me I realize that she is all I think about, if I'm not thinking about tour. "OH MY GOD!" I said out loud. Riker, Ross, Rocky, and Rydel look at me confused. I didn't even realize I said that out loud. "What?" Riker asks. "Nothing, I just remembered something I gotta do when I get home." I say, cleary lying through my teeth. 'I LIKE RYDEL! IN THAT WAY!' Is what I was wanting to say. Just then the manager's door opens and the other "appointment" person walks out, eyes watery. "God! I hope it is something personal and not him being in another mood." I mutter under my breath.

Rydel POV

The manager walks out a couple minutes after the previous person he had a meeting with walked out of his office. "Ah, R5! You're here. You can come on in now. Ryland too." He says as he steps to the side to let us in. Once we are all inside the office, he walks back in and shuts the door behind him. As we all take a seat on the couch and chairs in the office, he walks behind his desk and takes a seat in his leather office chair, clearing his throat as he sat.

"Alright. So this is why this appointment was made. The release date to your new album, Alive, is coming up quicker than we want it too." He pauses for a moment. "Excuse me sir, but I think you are thinking of someone else's album." I started to say. "Why do you say that Rydel?" He questioned in a stern voice, interrupting me. "Our album's title isn't Alive. It's Sometime Last Night." I finished. "My apologies. I must have been reading off the previous appointments paperwork. However, your release date is still coming up quicker than we expected." He apologizes.