Chapter One

"Rydel! Rydel! Get up." Riker shook Rydel trying to wake her. Its one thirty in the morning on May ninth, two thousand thirteen. Life has been going well for all of the Lynch's. Well all except for Rydel, whose been having nightmares all week. So she started sleeping in Riker's room. She always knew she could count on her older brother if she needed anything. She could always count on him to take care of her. "Delly! Delly! Please wake up!" Riker spoke a little louder as he shook his sister yet again.

Rydel rolls onto her back and opens her eyes. "What? What happened? What time is it?" She moaned, clearly irritated that Riker woke her. "Rydel, you had another nightmare. It's one thirty-five in the morning. Do you remember what you dreamt?" Riker asked sitting on the floor next to his sister. Rydel sits up and nodds, going through the scenes of what she dreamt. It was the same nightmare as the first one she had a couple weeks ago. It just was changed up here and there.

She begins to fill Riker in on the nightmare giving full details. "It's similar to the one I had a few weeks ago. I was hanging out with Blaine and Ellington. Ratliff gets a call from his girlfriend and went off to go talk to her. Blaine and I are just sitting there making jokes and giving Ellington faces to tease him. When he gets off the phone he comes back over and sits down. We were at Starbucks. Blaine and I started to pretend we were dating. But were acting like Ellington and Janessa to mock him. Ratliff just rolls his eyes and laughs at us. After we left, we went to the park. After a while we went our separate ways.

Ellington and I walked together for about ten minutes. After we split up, I turned the corner and saw someone about to jump off a building. I saw someone else trying to stop them from jumping. The one that was about to jump, jumped. The other one leaned forward and tried to grab the guy that just jumped. But instead of grabbing the other guys wrist, he slipped off the edge of the building. The guy that jumped, landed on the concrete about five feet from me. The other guy landed in an empty dumpster about three feet from me. I called the ambulance and told them where I was and what I just saw. When I hung up the phone, I stuck it in my purse and walked towards the man in the dumpster.

I looked inside the dumpster and saw that it was Rocky. He was passed out. My eyes started to tear up and let a tear fall. I walked towards the guy on the concrete. The closer I got the more scared I got. Scared to even see who he was. And when....." Rydel stopped and begun crying. Riker scooted closer to his sister. Rydel laid her head down on Riker's chest and just cried for a few minutes. After a few minutes passed Rydel sat up and took a deep breath. Wiping the tears she continued, "... I got close enough I begun to smell the scent of alcohol. At first I didnt know whom to think it was. And then I realized his head was turned. I also noticed that his hair was blonde with dark brown roots. I walked closer and saw a puddle of blood...." Rydel cried some more.

".... Then I was close enough and saw that the guy laying there on the ground was.... You. Apparently you got drunk because you and the girl you were dating broke up because she cheated on you. She broke your heart and led you to believe there was no one else out there for you to love the way you loved her. Which led you to think suicide was the answer.... I saw it was you and hit the ground crying. Harder than I already was. I felt your wrist for a pulse. There was one, but it was really slow. A few hours later you and Rocky were in the hospital I was there too since I rode in the ambulance. Mom, dad, ross , and Ryland came running towards me. Mom was in hysterical tears. The doctors came out and said that you Had to be put on life support till your pulse increases. And Rocky was in a coma." Rydel pulls her knees up and lays her head on them. She wrapped her arms around her knees and cried hysterically. Riker crawled in front of her and pulled her into a hug.

'Damn no wonder she was crying and screaming continuously. Not to mention the tossing and turning. That was scary as fuck!' Riker thought to himself. 'And really depressing.' "Rydel, look at me. I'm okay. I'm alive! No scars, no bruises! I don't drink alcohol, and I'm still dating Layla., and everything is well. Rocky is fine too. Come I'll show you." Riker stands up and extends a hand to Rydel. Rydel took Riker's hand and stood up. Riker and Rydel walked into Rocky's room. Riker wakes Rocky up and told him what happened and about the nightmare. Rocky gets up and walks to Rydel. "Delly, I'm sorry you keep having this dream. Look see I'm fine. No coma, no scars, no pain." Rydel nods and wipes her face from the tears. Rocky pulls rydel in for a hug and goes back to bed.