Chapter 7: "Sinbad the Merchant!"

Start from the beginning

The Reim Empire is a powerful nation with the world's largest territory. Napolia was the most populated business municipal next to Remano, the capital. The scale of its economy surpasses even the great maritime nation, Balbadd. The city is the leading financial center for the world's economy. Sinbad stands on the walk to head down onto the docks and Annalise walks behind him.

"We've finally reached the Reim Empire." Sinbad says and his thoughts go to Darius telling him stories, "Let's get to business!"

Sinbad flirts with a girl causing her to be affected by his charm and Annalise glares at him with her arms crossed. All the girls go crazy over Sinbad then he gasps.

"I'm getting an odd feeling." Sinbad says shocked and then looks over at Annalise and he gulps.

They get told they can't sell things without permission and a guy claiming to be part of the Merchant Union buys everything and leaves them a big bag of silver. Sinbad and Annalise watch the guy pull away while Jafar, Hinahoho and Vittel cheer about it.

Later that night, they find their products being sold as a higher price. When they tell Rurumu the news she was upset to find out they were swindled. The group wonders what they will do next and Sinbad declares they will join the merchant union so they can sell things in Reim. Annalise looks at Sinbad.

"This is going to make things fun!" Sinbad says and boasts about how Merchants are the best. Annalise giggles as she looks at Sinbad. Sinbad and Annalise stay behind while he tells them to return to Imuchakk for more goods. They watch as the ship leaves.

"Jafar, you better be good!" Annalise yells with a blank expression.

"You better not let anything happen to Annalise!" Jafar yells and Annalise giggles as she waves.

"We need to learn more. If we are going to be King and Queen one day." Sinbad says and Annalise stops waving with a deep blush and Sinbad's stomach growls, "But first, let's feed our royal stomachs." They head into the city and when Sinbad drops their remaining money, Annalise looks over at the guy. She was getting a strange feeling from him.

"You two are..." The guy says.

"Here's an idea, join us for dinner." Sinbad says.

The three head to a tavern to eat and the guy looks at the two sitting across from him.

"My name is Harun, I'm a trader from the land of Balbadd." The guy says.

"From Balbadd?" Sinbad asks.

"Isn't that the world's leading economy?" Annalise asks.

"Yes, and an active city like that is worth a visit for any merchant worth his salt." Harun says.

"Right, we'll see you there." Sinbad says.

"You know, don't you? That I'm selling your goods at a higher price?" Harun asks.

"Yeah, but to be fair that was on us for a lack of knowledge on what goes on here." Sinbad says.

"Your composed greed tells me you are fit to be a merchant. I don't find many merchants who bring their wife along with them." Harun says and gets sigh out of Annalise. She was going to say something when Sinbad interrupts.

"Yeah, what of it? She's a lot smarter than she looks and I value her opinion in everything." Sinbad says with a smile. Harun stares at him shocked. Annalise blushes as she looks away with a small blush.