Chapter 6: The Life

*Claude's P.O.V*

I stared at Hiito as he made Alois' lunch. It was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, apple slices, and a glass of water.

"He prefers oranges," I said.

"He had them yesterday and the day before," responded Hiito. "You're out, and so am I. He's going to have to be happy with apples."

"Whatever happened to that British man?" I asked as I rose an eyebrow.

Hiito chuckled. "How did we go from Alois to my Ex in less than a minute?"

"Words," I said. "I spoke them."

Hiito rolled his eyes. "Brody is fine, I guess. I haven't seen him since the first time. Well, I guess, I've seen him, out jogging and stuff, but I haven't talked to him."

"He goes jogging?" I muttered, apparently, I wasn't quiet enough though.

"Yes, he goes jogging," said Hiito. "He's a fitness instructor."

"How'd you know that?" I asked as I rose an eyebrow.

"He has ads in the paper," responded Hiito. "Also, there's a billboard the size of this apartment complex on my way to school. It's rather obnoxious, actually."

I chuckled. That's right. Hiito has no reason to lie.

"Why are you asking about him anyway?" asked Hiito.

Now, it was my turn to get questioned. "Just curious."

*@^@*

*Hiito's P.O.V*

I watched as Alois ate his food with a smile. He looked absolutely adorable when he stuffed his face. It made me feel quite humbled.

"Apples?" asked Alois as I set down the small bowl.

"Yes," I said. I wondered what his reaction would be. Alois was quite difficult to predict, especially when it came to his likes and dislikes.

Alois stared at the food for a minute. It was as if it was foreign to him. He eventually looked at me with these adorable puppy eyes, but when it came to others', especially kids', health, I ruled with an iron fist.

Alois sighed. He then picked up a slice and began to eat it.

I looked at Claude with a sense of pride. Claude sighed and continued to make his own sandwich. I would have made it for him, but, the thought made me embarrassed for some reason.

Also, since he didn't ask, I didn't bother.

*@^@*

"What are you going to school for?" asked Claude as he and I sat on the couch.

"Teaching," I said.

"Really?" asked Claude as he looked at me with wide eyes.

I nodded.

"I mean, you seem to really cherish Alois and all, but... wow," said Claude.

"What? I don't look like the perfect teacher," I chuckled.

"Ah, that's not what I meant," said Claude.

I smiled. "Well, I really don't know how am I'm going to do with parents. I mean, there's the whole parent-teacher conference stuff."

"I'm sure you'll do fine," said Claude as he smiled.

"Yeah!" cheered Alois as he came into the room. "You get along well with Claude, and he's a super difficult parent."

"Excuse me?" asked Claude as he glared at Alois.

I laughed a little at Alois' statement. "He does act like a tsundere to his child, doesn't he."

Claude then glared at me.

"You know you love Oka-chan!" cheered Alois.

Claude blushed a little, which caught me by surprise, and yelled, "Go take a bath already!"

Alois then ran off, a giggling little ball of sunshine.

"Jeez, calm down," I said as I pat Claude on the shoulder.

He huffed and decided to take his glasses off. He then rubbed his face.

"You're the type to rub your face when you're heated," I hummed as I smiled.

"Shut up," grumbled Claude.

"Don't feel like it," I talked back. "Now, what do you do for a living, Mr. Faustus?"

Claude grumbled a small curse before saying, "I'm a realtor."

I rose an eyebrow. "For some reason, I expected lawyer."

"What's wrong with realtors?" he responded.

"Nothing," I said. "I just thought of you as some kind of demon lawyer or something. Not only that, but you seem like the type that would be a butler if it payed well."

"Probably in my past life," muttered Claude.

"Probably," I agreed.

Claude then began to channel surf.

"This is the life," I said.

"Huh?" asked Claude.

"Being able to just relax and chill with others," I said. "I'm enjoying it a lot more than I originally thought I would."

"Is that so," said Claude.

I shivered a little as the room seemed to get a little colder. I was then pulled into an... warmer than I'd think... embrace.

"Claude?" I asked.

"Cold?" he responded.

"Yeah."

"Good now?"

"Yeah."

Pip then made his appearance in the living room. Yes, Claude had allowed him to be here today. He eventually just hopped into my lap and let out a small meow.

I snuggled into Claude even more as I smiled. 'Ah, this is the life.' I thought.