➵ Chapter Three

Joey swallowed the lump forming in his throat. "After what he did?"
The older woman nodded.
"Is he serious?" Asked the younger boy.
"He seemed so."
Joey sighed. "Mom, can I go to my f-friends house to think about this?"
"But I made dinner just for you, and I'll be devastated if you wasted it-" she joked.
"You can have that all for yourself, mom. Besides, he's a pretty good cook." Joey laughed.
His mom smirked. "He?"
The boy blushed. "Um, yeah."
"Haha, okay."

Joey stood at the door of the Preda household, waiting for the door to open.
"Joey?" A raven haired boy asked, poking his head out from the inside (oh).
"Of course it is, Daniel." Joey laughed.
Daniel smiled and grabbed Joey by the arm, pulling him inside.

The two boys plopped down on Daniel's bed.
"So, what brought you here, sweetie?"
"It's a long story, basically I just got really stressed and I thought coming here would make me feel a little better." Joey replied.
Daniel smiled and gently kissed Joey on the cheek. "So, tell me what happened, I have all night."
Joey laid himself down and sighed. "Well, I went home and my mom said Johnny wanted me back and it just confused me because why in the world would he think I wanted him back? Anyways, for some reason I started getting a headache- so I went here... If that made any sense."
Daniel laid down beside him. "You don't deserve him."
Joey shifted a little to the side.
"I don't?"