CD Shop (short)

Shawn Mendes Imagine

Bells rang as I stepped inside, making me roll my eyes. I hated bells above doors in shops, but I don't really know why. I just found them slightly irritating.

Besides the point, I walked back to the same section I did nearly every day, contemplating my life decisions as I buy just one more CD to add to my collection.

I really didn't need these, but something about having the physical version of music was so much better than iTunes.

So, what will it be today? Green Day? Melanie Martinez? I browsed the alternative section, mentally giving rates to each album I passed.

Badlands-- definitely a five. Nothing Personal-- also a five. 2009 All Time Low will never get old.

I picked up a few favorites here and there, admiring the cover work and rereading all the songs listed on the back.

I walked back to the A section, groaning lowly to myself to see they don't have it again.

No CDs today. I need to learn when to stop, I thought as I walked back out the door, under that stupid door bell.

*****
Shawn's POV

     I watch the same girl walk in nearly every day, go to the same section, and walk straight back out again. I couldn't figure out why.

What's she looking for? She could just ask if she really wanted, we may have it in the back of the store.

Once she left for the third time this week, I wandered to the isle she's been in for the past weeks. Alternative.

Of course, I mentally thought. It was one of our more popular sections, between Twenty-One Pilots and Blink-182 being back there.

The image of her sliding to the next genre over shifted into my brain, my legs bringing me to the rock.

It's not the first time I've seen a girl my age like classic rock, but it's not very common.

What wasn't over here? We had all the classics; Rolling Stones, Kansas, The Beatles, Led Zepplin, Lynnard Skynnard... If I had enough money to buy all these, I would.

I shook my head to myself and headed back to the counter, seeing another customer come in.
The next day she went to her usual spot, and after I worked up all my courage, I joined her.

"Is there something specific you're looking for?" I asked, peering over her shoulder. She seemed slightly startled, but shook it off.

"Yeah, actually. This store never has Asia's self titled, and it makes me sad because it's such a good classic." She laughed, making me tilt my head and scan the area. We really didn't have that album?

"Well, I happen to own that CD, if you wanna come over one day and listen to it with me." I went out on a limb, offering a smile.

Her cheeks flushed, the corners of her lips upturning weakly.

"Thank you, Shawn, I'd love to." She added as she read my name tag, looking up into my eyes. I nodded, leading her to the front to work out the details.

"I'll see you around, and maybe at my apartment tomorrow?"

*****

GUYS GUYS GUSYSGCJKS I SAW 5SOS ON WEDNESDAY
THEY WERE SO FUCKIN GOOD AND UHSJDJJS
AND ONE WEEK FROM NOW IM SEEING SHAWN AND IMMA CRY MY EYES OUT
THE BITCH IS GOIN BE 18 TWO DAYS AFTER THE CONCERT AND I CAN'T
SORRY IF I DON'T UPDATE THE NEXT TWO WEEKS BC IVE GOT SHAWN THEN BAND CAMP
sorry this is so freakin short but i had no time to write and i barely will in august