Chapter 9: Emma

I know that these past chapters have been only told from Emma's POV, and they may anger some of you guys so for the next chapters after this one I'll write from Lin's POV.... How does that sound?

I heaved myself into Teresa's car and slammed it behind. "¡ Vamos, rápido," I said to her as Teresa pulled into traffic. She looked at me oddly.

"Emma, is did something go wrong at work?" She looked over at me from her seat at the wheel.

I rubbed my tear ducts and sighed. "No I'm just really stressed out." I looked at her. "I mean with the wedding and then whole thing with Lin and work."

"Lin? Who's Lin?" Teresa laughed. "Did you find yourself someone?"

"No," I laughed. "He's just the guy I had to fall in love with in the play?" And maybe in real live too.

"Wow, did ya guys kiss?"

"Yes.... and no." I squinted against the setting sun.

"How is that possible? Did you kiss him or not?"

 "Well he kissed me in the dressing room, three times in the play and I'm going to kiss him three more times tonight."

"He kissed you in your dressing room?" Teresa's voice rose throughout the question.

"It was only for practice." I stressed the word so that Teresa would calm down.

"I don't care! He kissed you! That's a start."

We pulled up to the bridal shop. "What's the time?" I asked Teresa.

"4:30, we're fine let's go." We stepped inside the warm bridal shop and shed off our coats and gave them to an attendant. We started exploring rack after rack of beautiful gowns when a lady came up to us.

"Hi, I'm Shaylee, I'm going to be helping you ladies today, is there anyone else who's coming?"

"Yes, my mother." I answered. As if on cue, the doorbell chimed as the door open. It was my mother. I waved her over. "Mamá, justo estábamos empezando." Mom, we were just getting started. She gave me and Teresa each a hug and shook Shaylee's hand.

"Hello," She said, her eyes twinkling, and her Spanish accent heavy.

"Hello, ma'am. Is it okay if I take the bride away for a second and talk to her?"

We all agreed and Teresa walked away with Shaylee into a dressing room. Mom pushed me down on the couch.

"Tell me everything, Mija!" She gushed. "How did it go? Did you mess up?"

"It went well and I messed up a few times, but not enough for the people to notice."

She took my hands and leaned in close, I could smell the sweet floral sent of her perfume. "Estoy muy feliz por ti." She whispered. I'm so happy for you.

"You heard?" I asked her when she pulled away.

"Teresa, called me right after you told her. This is amazing, I knew you were made for the stage, not from behind the curtain." She took a seat on the couch.

"Mama," I sighed. "This is just a one-time thing, after tonight, I'm just going to be behind the curtains again."

She looked like she was going to say something else but Teresa came back out, but she was wearing a white gown. I sat down next to Mama. Teresa spun around in the ball gown. "Well, what do you think?"

 "Well, what do you think?"