Chapter 3

Mikaela sat in his chair thinking as he stared at the fire, crackling in the fireplace. Shinoa sat down with papers of numerous names from boys who wanted to try and act as Yuichiro Amane."nope none of them." She muttered and threw the papers into the fire. Mikaela sat up straight when he thought he heard a noise down stairs."Shinoa? Did you hear that?" Shinoa looked at him confused."Hear what?" Mikaela shrugged."..maybe I'm just imagining things."

Yu and Yoichi had arrived to the Amane palace. Yu looked around to find an entrance, he luckily found one with wood boarded up on the entrance. Yu placed his hands firmly on one of the wood boards and peeked inside."..I don't see anyone.." Yoichi slipped through a small opening and trotted inside."Y-Yoichi hold on.." Yu started to pull at the wood and managed to rip it off but in the process fall on his bottom."oof!" Yu groaned and rubbed his back as he stood up and walked inside."..wow..what a place.." He furrowed his brows slightly and walked over to the table of dusty objects. He picked up a vase with bears painted onto it. Yoichi went under the table and sniffed around. Yu walked a few steps and studied the vase closely."..." He then set it down."This place..seems so familiar to me.." Yu muttered as he walked over to a large staircase and a huge ball room in front of him. He softly began to hum a familiar tune as he slipped off his gloves and let them drop on the dusty red carpet. He opened his lips and began to softly sing.
"Dancing bears..painted wings, things I almost remember..and a song someone sings..once upon a December."
Yu seemed to be sucked into the past of ballroom parties, of good times with his family and numerous guests who would attend. He imagined and watched as ghosts from the past emerged from the paintings on the walls." Someone holds me safe and warm
Horses prance through a silver storm
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory." Two boys dressed elegantly approached him and placed a pearl necklace around his neck and bowed down to him. Yu smiled brightly as he walked down the stairs and to the ball room floor, he watched in awe as the ghosts from his buried memories danced. Yu began to dance and spun around as his outfit changed into something elegant and fit for a prince."Far away, long ago
Glowing dim as an ember
Things my heart used to know
Once upon a December." He sang as he switched with dancing partners of three girls until eventually he was dancing with his mother."and a song someone sings.." He softly sung as his mother kissed his forehead, Yu let go of her hands as he sung."...once upon a December..." As he slowly sat down and looked up at her in wonder of who she was as her hands were stretched out towards him.

"Hey! you!" Yu snapped out of his trance as he heard a voice call toward him from the far side of the ball room. Yu quickly scrambled up to his feet and started running up the stairs and picked up his gloves and make a break for it."Hey stop!" Yu stopped in his tracks and turned around slowly. His eyes meeting with a strangers."What do you think your doing...h-here.." The handsome blonde's mouth dropped open at how beautiful Yu looked. His emerald green eyes were entrancing. A young woman with maroon hair ran over to the tall blondes side."Mika what's wrong??" She called out. Mikaela made her look up at Yu. Shinoa's mouth dropped open too. Yu looked at them with a confused expression."...umm?.." Mikaela walked up the steps and circled around Yu looking at him from every angle."okay, what are you doing?" Mikaela didn't respond and stood there looking at him. Yu furrowed his brows slightly."..Why are you circling me? Were you a vulture in your past life??" Mikaela looked up at Yu."Sorry, forgive my rudeness." He bowed politely with a smile."so tell me why are you here young man?"

Yu looked at shinoa and then back at Mikaela."..I was told I could get a ticket to Paris here from Mikaela Shindo." Mikaela arched a brow at that."Oh? Now how did you hear about that?" Yu fiddled with his fingers."Well she said not to say it was from her that told me about you." Mikaela nodded and walked over to shinoa as he used shinoa's shoulder as a arm rest."Excuse us one moment. Me and my colleague need to discus something." He said and whispered to shinoa."This is the boy, he looks identical to the prince." Shinoa nodded with a smirk."All we have to do is teach him how to be a prince and the history and Then bam money." Mikaela nodded and turned to look at Yu."So what was your name?" Mikaela asked. Yu fiddled with his necklace around his neck."..Umm..well I'm just called Yu..that's what the orphanage I lived at called me.." Mikaela walked back up the steps."Really now? So why exactly do you want to go to Paris?" Yu showed Mikaela his necklace."..This is my clue to find my family..I want to go to see if I can find them." Mikaela grinned slightly."That's quiet interesting. Have you ever thought that you might be a lost prince?" Yu scoffed at that."Wha? Me?! A prince!...that's crazy talk." Mikaela turned Yu around to look at the large painting of the royal family. Shinoa walked over."You do look identical to the young prince. You have the queens emerald green eyes." Shinoa chimed in. Mikaela gestured to Yu's hair."And the Kings Raven black hair." Yu looked at the both of them and then back up at the painting."...sure I guess any kid would want to imagine their apart of royalty.."

Mikaela pulled out four tickets but quickly shoved the fourth ticket in his pocket and showed Yu three tickets."So we have three tickets to Paris..but the third ticket is for prince Yuichiro Amane." He said as Yu tried to take the third ticket."...oh.." Yu said as he looked at Mika."sorry, I wish we could help." He said as he walked off with Shinoa. Yu looked back at the painting after picking up Yoichi in his arms. Shinoa looked at Mikaela like he was crazy."Why didn't you tell him our plan??" She whispered irritatedly. Mikaela smirked a bit."All he wants is to go to Paris. This'll work out just fine." He said as he started to walk a bit slower."Slow down your pace." He said to Shinoa as they walked down the stairs. Shinoa huffed."I think we are walking away too soon." Mikaela started to count down from three to one."Mikaela wait!" Yu called out as he set down Yoichi. Shinoa smiled and quietly said."Yes!" Mikaela grinned and then looked over at Yu with an expression of not hearing Yu at first."You called me?" Yu started to walk down the stair case."I don't know if I'm the prince or not but its worth a shot..and if it was just a misunderstanding then that's fine!" Mikaela nodded as he made his hand into a fist and rested his chin on top of it."Sounds plausible." Shinoa picked up Yoichi and walked over to Yu."But if you are the prince. Then you'll know who you are and find your family!" She smiled brightly. Mikaela walked over."So then we have a deal." Yu smiled with a nod and shook his hand with a tight grip."Yup!" Mikaela groaned and had to pull his hand away and massaged it a little.

Soon they were off and started their journey to Paris. Meanwhile a sleeping bat awoke to his masters power that oozed out green minions."...hmm?..it's never done that before." The little bat said."..wait if they're doing that..that means..Yuichiro Amane..is alive!" He looked down at the boy who was smiling and walking along with Mikaela and Shinoa."..The master will not be pleased about this.."

(Thanks so much for the comments! I gotta say I love that song Once upon a December! )