Chapter 1

You are Sowon Lockwood.
*********************************
To be honest,no words could describe how I feel right now...it's one of those feelings...like a gap in your stomach....judging by the level of stressing I'm at right now...I could say the gap is quite as big as the Grand Canyon.I hated that feeling, but I did know that it only appeared when I was nervous, overthinking, or stressing...most probably all three.The reason why I'm flooded in a puddle of my own sweat is because, tomorrow my fate shall be sealed...no literally,it will all depend on the letter that's gonna come busting through the door at approximately...9:30pm.Aish...the mailman must be an early worker,I was scrolling through my phone,merely looking for a person I can text who is actually available right now.I scrolled.Offline..offline...offline.I wasn't quite the popular vote when it comes to making friends..I made about 5 friends,whom I don't really hang out with,but talk to...I also live alone....due to my parents business trips and I felt like an abondened dog after,no calls,mails..postcards,anything...they just perished.My best friend is Mina Reinhart,the only person keeping me company after my abondenment at age 6,she and her family offered to pay for my tuition in the university, and for the plane tickets, I really wonder why...they also picked the college ,I saw her online.I got up from my sulking position and straightened myself up on the sofa.

I knew texting her to make sure she wasn't calling anyone was the freshest approach,but...I wanted to ask her about the university and all the updates.
RIIIIIING.RIIIIIIIING.
It rang and then she answered right away.

"Hi.", we both said in unison.
I could hear her chuckling.
"Why the chuckling?Arent you nervous?I am dying here..!"
She squealed before giving a brief reply."You know my brother..?Mark.The one who moved away with my dad?"
I was...confused, before I remembered.THAT Mark...the one who went to live with their dad after their divorce, causing them to part ways and move to Korea,...I didn't really know how to reply...I never met him..but I heard about him through my conversations with Mina.What if he didn't like me,what if we never become friends...or worse,what if his movement back to America cause Mina to move as well to Korea?!!

"You there?"I heard Mina ask,causing me to snap out of my chain of thoughts.
"Yeah...yeah."I replied instantly.
"He's coming back, and that's not the best part.He is going to the same college as us!!Anyways, I have to cut our call short since its 11:28pm...we wanna wake up early ..don't we know...?",She said in a hesitant tone which...kind of alarmed me...?ofcourse before hanging up before I had the chance to reply.
My body was resting on a sofa in the living room,I had no energy to go up all the way to the stairs causing me to sleep straight face onto the sofa....waiting urgently for tommorrow.

Ding.Rung my phone.I forgot I set it on I woke up with a thud to the ground from the shock.I checked the time,9:10am
"Aish!!You stupid girl-setting your alarm to 9:10am!!",I slapped myself,after then remembering that the acceptance letter is today!
I looked at the clock.
SHOOT.9:11 already, better get ready and make breakfast..
I went up to my room in a flash.I got a sweater with donuts handprinted on it.As well as matching sweatpants.I went to shower.I was in there for about...5minutes , I didn't have an intention of staying there for long.I brushed my teeth and wrapped a Bambi pink robe on my body.I got into my room and changed quickly.After then putting on deodorant,perfume and after then combing my hair and blow drying it,for the final touch I tied it into a high messy bun.I went down to the kitchen.I was really not in the mood for making breakfast so I just got some pop tarts and brewed some coffee.I got out a plate and set the blueberry glazed pop tarts on the flower printed plate.I took it to the living room.Realising I forgot my coffee brewing.I quickly set the plate on a ebony black table and then ran to the kitchen and turned off the oven.
"Phew...!"I muttered as I let out a sigh of relief.

I finished my so called breakfast.I plucked my phone of the charger that was clinging on to it.I had 5 missed calls from Mina and her family...
Weird
I thought to myself.I answered Mina's call.
She picked up in a second.I could hear...sirens?Horns?And she was obviously panting.
"MEET ME AT THE POST OFFICE!!!"She exclaimed, desperate for breath.
"Wh-",
"I said do it!!", She shouted, causing my head to spin a little.She hung up.
I was in sweatpants,I ran and put some denim shorts on.The sweater should do.I grabbed my jacket and ran straight to office.As I was running I passed by a shop that had a clock on its banner.9:28am.

I hurried my steps.Until finally getting there...Mina was there as well and the office was empty,only a lady holding two envelopes,but....someone was with her..they seemed like bad news.