Chapter 64

"Who is getting married now?" Came Mia's voice making everyone snap their heads at her. Manik sheepishly grinned at Mia, who looked at him with raised eyebrows.
"Am I missing something? Sure I am."she answered her own question and plopped down beside Manik.

"Nothing you're missing. Don't use useless brain of yours." Manik said rolling his eyes in order to show that everything is normal. But it wasn't. And of course, Mia knew it.

"Will you stop considering yourself an actor? Bhai, you're not. Pathetic acting. It's okay if you don't wanna tell. I am not asking you either. Not at all interested in your boring business deals anyways." She said shaking her head and taking out a handful of peanuts from her pocket.

"Oye pumpkin!!" Cabir shouted. She looked at him and asked "hmm?"

"Akele akele. Mujhe ni degi?" He asked feigning a sad face.

She smiled and gave him a few.

"Hi Mia." Greeted Sohani. "We've not before I guess. I am Sohani Oberoi. Manik's friend. He must have told you about me." Sohani said approaching Mia and offering her hand. Mia too stood up and shook her hands smilling.

"Hi Sohani, yeah I know you. But not cause bhai told me about you, like he always does nowadays, but someone else did. Plessure to meet you by the way." Mia clearly taunted Manik and he understood it very well. He glanced her from the corner of his eyes before shifting his gaze towards a small figure coming in from the main door. He sighed helplessly looking at her exhausted and huffed face and walked towards her.

"Hold on now jaan. Stop this wrok now. You'll fall sick. And thats not even the last thing I want." He tried explaining her but she smiled at him and continued her work with a helper.

"It's okay Manik. Just a little more time and I'll be free. Kuch drapes lagane reh gye hai and that's it. Navya and Abhi are out checking on food, Can you please see to it and send Abhi in? I need him with some guest list, he has the final list?" Nandini aksed him with a pleading face. He made a face and slowly came closer to her ears.

"How many times I do have to tell you jaan? You do not have to ask me ever for something just tell me and your work shall be done, my lady." He said bowing down .

Nandini giggled and nodded. Manik winked at her and turned to go.

"Flowers-check, lights-check, food-check, drapes-check, cake-Ch-... not check." She stood up looking for Mia, who had pleaded Nandini to bring the cake herself but right now was no where to be seen.

"Mia.." Nandini called her as she saw her sitting alone in a corner and playing with peanuts.

"Ji di." Mia answered still busy with the ever important peanuts.

"Have you completed your work you asked yourself for?" Nandini asked crossing her arms on her chest.

"Yes di-...oops!!" She hissed as she realized her mistake.
"Voh...di. Voh actually, haa, ye bhai, he distracted me otherwise you know me, I am a very responsible child." She explained her part on which Nandini made a 'o' with her mouth.

"Oh yes, Mia Malhotra is really very responsible. Manik is at all fault. I totally agree but Mia, whats the time baby?" Nandini asked sweetly.
Mia smiled and glanced at her watch.

"Its 5:45....oh shit!! I mean...I..I am late." She shouted.

"Yeah you're late. Now go and go slower. The bakery can wait for a while. I'll call them and apologize." Nandini shouted as she saw Mia running down.

"God this girl!! Slow down Mia. You'll get h-" before she could repeat, Mia had already got her bum dumped on the floor.

"Ow!! Geez, it hurts. It hurts bad." She heard Mia whinning.

A manan story:-Our blissful relationship...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें