Chapter 15

Manik took Nandini with him.....he ordered his chauffer to give him the car keys....
He opened the door for Nandini...she sat in...then himself got into the driving seat and drove off....

Whole journey till his mansion was silent....but Manik was noticing Nandini...she was nervously playing with the string of her bag....her forehead was clinged....frown was easily seen on her face....

They reached the Mansion....But Nandini was lost somewhere...she didnt even realize that they have reached.....Manik waved his hand infront her eyes but still no reaction....he knew she was nervous meeting dadi.....

"Nandini..." he spoke softly..
No reaction...
"Nandini!!" This time he was a bit louder and shook her a little...

"Huh!!..kya hua??" Nadini asked unaware of her surroundings...

"Nandini i have been calling u since a while but you were lost somewhere...kya hua jaan?? Koi problem hai??"

"Voo...Manik...actually i m nervous...i m meeting ur dadi for the first time na...what she will say?? How she will react?? Will she like me?? If not then??"she was on a verge of crying...

"Nandu..nandu..relax..." he said while caressing her forehead with his thumb and forefinger....relaxing her tensed lines...
"Nandini...dadi has only called you dear..she wanted to thank you...tum to aisa behave kar rhi ho jaise humne sab se bhag kar shadi kr li aur ab ghar vapis aagye" Manik said with notorious smile..

"Manik!!" She hit on his shoulder...

"Are kya...what manik...look at your face nandu....koi bhi tumhe dekhkar yahi kahega"

She blushed and smiled a little....and tried to look normal...
He chukled seeing her...and said..
"Agar tumhara hogya to chale...."

She just hummed...

"Nandini...calm down....tum war ladne nhi ja rhi ho...its just dadi...believe me she is very sweet....aur mai hun na....i will be there with you....hmm.."

Nandini smiled and both of them got down...

Manik holded her hand and went inside the mansion....
Though Nandini was astonished looking at this big bunglow but for now, her first priority was meeting dadi....
"Suresh!!" Manik shouted...

"Ji baba" suresh said...

" dadi kahan hai?"

"Baba....dadi apne kamre me hai....mai bulakar laun?"

"Haan..kehena Manik aya hai aur Nandini bhi hai sath me"
Suresh nodded and obediently followed his instruction...
Till then another butler came and offered Nandini a glass of water which she smillingly took....and drank the whole glass in one go coz of nervousness....

Manik took her to the couch and made her sit and sat next to her....
He tightened his grip over hand and smiled assuring her that he is with her...she too smiled in response but it was a nervous one...she herself was unknown of the reason of her nervousness....her heart was beating really fast....

"To ye hai Nandini...." suddenly a voice came making Nandini stand on her place...

" Ji dadi...she is..." Manik was introducing her but was cut off as dadi showed him her hand...

"Manu...she can talk na...so she herself can tell about her...." dadi said in a stern voice looking at Nandini...

Nandini's fear was crossing all limits...her hands were trembling now...
"Naa....mmaas..te... dadi"she stammered and managed to say this joining her hands...
"Namaste..." dadi said in the same tone...
"Mmm...mmeeerra naam N..nnandini hhaii...mmmai mm...maanik ki secree..ret..ary hun.." it was hard for her even to introduce herself...

" Manik?? Tum apne boss ko uske naam se bulati ho??" Dadi asked..
Manik tried to say something but before he could say something dadi said..
"Manu..ye kaise log rak rakhe hai tune apne office me...ye to apna naam bhi sahi se nahi bol pati...?"

Nandini eyes brimmed with tears....
" i m sorry"she merely whispered looking down....
Manik realize her voice was choking he looked at her and saw tears trolling down...
Dadi also saw her tears...
Manik was about to go and hug her...but before he could go...

Dadi immediatly hugged her shocking her to the core...
"Are are...Nandini beta...chup...itni si baat par koi rota hai...shush...mai to mazak kr rhi thi bachche....relax..." dadi said still hugging her....

"Kya dadi ruladiya na nandu ko...aapke ye pranks kab khatam honge..." said manik irritatingly...

Dadi broke the hug and cupped her face...
"I m sorry bachche....pls do not cry.." she wiped her tears...
Nandini smiled a bit...
Dadi continued...
"Maine to socha ki app peheli baar aarahe ho to thodi masti hojaye....isliye ye natak kiya.....aap to rone lag gye....chalo ek achchi wali smile do mujhe...itni khubsurat chehre par ye ansu achche nahi lagte...."

Nandini smiled widely.....

"Thats like my good girl....chalo aao sit we have to talk a lot..."

Dadi made her sit and sat next to her....totally ignoring Manik..
"Wow...this is awesome....nahi seriously...you both are in same side now..."said manik folding his hands on his chest...
"This is girls talk manik....we want some privacy...i think you have lot of work...so you should go"
Dadi ordered him...

"WHAT!!"asked manik...

" what nahi..now go..chalo.." dadi ordered again and Nandini giggled.....

Manik glared at her....and she hid her smile...
He then quietly moved out....

"Nandini....bachche...i m really sorry....mai in bachcho ke beech rehte rehte khud bachci ban gyi hun....m so sorry..." dadi apolozised...

"Nahi dadi pls...aap bade ho...you dont need to say sorry.....pls...its ok...mai hi over react kar rhi thi...aap sorry mat boliye pls.." Nandini said and dadi smiled...

She kept her hand on Nandini's head and said...
"God bless you my child....aur thank you beta....tumhe nahi pata tumne mere bachcho ko milakar mujhe par kitna bada ehsan kiya hai....aajtak kisi ne manu se baat krne ki himmat nhi ki aur tumne to sidhe kar dikhaya....thank you...thanks a lot"

"Dadi...aapne abhi mujhe beta kaha aur abhi aap thank you keh rahe ho...kya aap manik ya mia ko thank you bolte agar vo aap ke liye kuch krte to...nahi na to phir.....pls...aur vaise bhi mia ne bhi to help kari thi...mai akeli nhi thi"

"Hmm...mimi sahi keh rahi thi...u r an angel...for all of us....khush raho beta....vaise tum sab ki friend to bangyi ho jo ki bohot daring ka kaam hai...to it will be easy for you to become my friend...so friends??"

" of course....i would love to be one...friends..." nandini said and they shook their hands...

" New friendship huh??"they heard a bundle of voices coming from the frontdoor....they turned their heads and saw fab 5 along with mia standing there and smiling....