Chapter 2- Sibling Secret

ابدأ من البداية

'I'm outside'
'Open the door'
'I'm in the living room. Your mom opened for me' 

I put in my boxer briefs, slid on my sweats and a T-shirt and some socks with my slides. I went downstairs and saw him watching TV.

"Yo, Kenny" I said as I walked over and clapped him up.

He looked toward the kitchen then whispered "You grounded man?"

I nodded.

"How come?" He asked as he shook his head.

I sat next to him on the couch "I was at Shalondria's house right..."

"The thot Shalondria? Gave neck to the soccer team Shalondria?" He said with his eyes widened.

I sighed "Yea, her. Ms. Grandy old ass made me her partner for that project tomorrow so I went over there thinking we gonna be working on the project. Naw, shawty had something else under her sleeve kid. She was giving me neck then her old boy and old girl walk in and my mama calling me telling me she outside so Yea".

This boy start overreacting and jumping around and what not. "Yo, that's crazy. That's crazy. So when you gonna be off punishment?"

I shrugged.

"Then why you told me to tell Trell you was gonna be there on Friday to get your shit?"

I stood "Cause, I'm gonna make it by Friday man. I'm gonna make her let me out".

"Whatever. As long as you don't get me in trouble with the man, I'm good."

We walked upstairs to my room to play some games. After an hour or so my grandma was here and she came and knocked on my door.

"Come in!" I said as I focused on the TV screen.

I heard the door opening gently. "Oh, you're not going to church?"

I shook my head.

She walked closer to the television "Who's that? Kenny?"

"Hi grandma" he paused the game to give her a hug and I sucked my teeth.

I got up and did the same thing.

"So none of my boys aren't going with me this Sunday? Y'all sure?" She placed her hands on our shoulders.

"Why Kimani not going with you? He always go" I said confused.

She shrugged "Just cause you guys are getting older doesn't mean you have to grow apart from God. You are never too old to be a Child of God." She put her hands down "Well, I guess its just me and Imani this Sunday."

"How about Lyric?" Kenny said and I nudged him quickly. He looked at me confused.

"I don't know. I knocked on her door repeatedly and no answer. She's always on time. Is she okay?" She said looking at me.

I looked at Kenny then back at my grandma "She ain't been talking to anyone lately. Not even me. Have a good day at church".

She nodded "Well, okay then. Just behave." She turned around and walked out.

Kenny shut the door. "Fuck you hit me for?"

"I nudged you nigga. Lyric ain't here." I said as I went over and sat on my bed.

He sat back on the ground and picked up his controller. "Where she at then?"

I looked at him and picked up my controller. He shook his head without saying anything. I sighed and shrugged.