Chapter 16 - Prove It.

Start from the beginning

I strolled back over to the bed and opened my suitcase properly. I pulled out my bathroom necessities. I wondered how freaked out Harry would be if I left tampons lying around on the counter. As much as I would have liked to see his reaction, I decided it would be a little too weird. I threw my other monthly essentials in a draw near the sink in the bathroom. I left my toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash on the side of the sink. I put my make-up in a draw too before I wandered back into the bedroom. 

“Can I borrow this?”

I couldn’t decide whether I was going into cardiac rest or if my heart actually stopped beating when I walked back into my room to be greeted by Perrie who was sat on the bed, rifling her way through my suitcase. I clutched my chest trying to remember how to breathe properly again. She held up flannel shirt with studs on the shoulders. 

“Yeah,” I managed to breathe out without sounding like I was still trying to recover from being scared half to death. “Sure.”

“Thanks, I can never seem to find a nice red one. I have one in every other colour but red.”

“I got it from Camden market, they sell pretty much everything. And it doesn’t cost half of your soul either.”

“Oh nice. I don’t think I’ve ever been. Where is it?” She beamed and I tried my best not to say something really sarcastic back. It’s not that I didn’t like Perrie, I did, she very welcoming and friendly, and I appreciated that but she seemed a little gone with the wind.

“It’s um, in Camden.” I replied, trying to make it sounds as if I didn’t think she was stupid. “Just get off the tube at Camden Town and it’s literally right there. Although it is only on Sundays.”

“Isn’t Camden in the North of London?”

“Yeah, I guess. Why?”

“It probably wouldn’t be safe going there right now.”

I sighed, rubbing my temples with my fingers, adjusting to this new life was definitely something to try and get my head around. “So what are the rules in this whole lifestyle? They don’t dog tag us or anything do they?”

“No, no!” She laughed over enthusiastically, which raised suspicions. “Has Harry told you anything at all?”

“Not exactly.”

“Not surprising, Harry is hardly the one to talk about anything with anyone.”

“Really?” I asked but I had already presumed Harry was a closed off person, it wasn’t hard to tell.

“Mm,” she hummed. “He doesn’t tell much to anyone unless it’s Paul or Louis. I mean he does speak to the other guys but I guess he trusts them more. I barely know anything about him but he’s never rude or anything to me. I guess he either has trust issues or personal issues. Either one I’m not going to get involved in. He seems like a very complicated person.”

“Hm,” I half agreed. “So there’s more to him than fucking girls and killing people?” I questioned whilst I moved around her, pulling more stuff out of my suitcase to unpack.

“From what I can tell, unquestionably.”

“How long have you lived here?” I asked, changing the subject. It dawned on me that I didn’t actually know much about anyone here other than the fact they were all part of the same gang.

“Only a couple of months. Zayn and I do have a house but with Zayn always being needed here it was just easier to move.”

“And El?”

“Louis and El have always live here, they were originally the only ones here with Paul but with everything that happened recently in the past six months or so, most people moved in for safety reasons.”