"about that..." farkle trailed. "now what?" she groaned. misha secretly knew what news was going to hit her. she hoped she was wrong.

"maya knows. lucas talked to her about it."

just then there was a loud banging on misha's window. she turned to see what it was. maya squatted over with an angry face, trying to pry the window open.

"farkle, i've got to go." she hung up.

"open the damn window!" maya screamed. misha threw up her hands in surrender. "alright, alright. i'm coming." she walked over to the window, popping it up. maya crawled through quickly. "we had a deal, misha." misha sighed. "i know, but farkle figured it out and then i told lucas before farkle could."

"well you done dang screwed everything up! lucas is confused." misha squinted, perplexed. "what do you mean, 'confused?'"

maya sighed. "h-he said he might feel the same about me." she laughed. "riley and lucas were perfect for each other! lucas was her dream; her fairytale ending. you came out of nowhere and stole that from riley! all for me," maya scoffed.

she continued her rant. "misha, i don't know who you think you are, but you can't just waltz your way into our lives and change everything for us! don't you think high school is doing that enough to us? nobody asked for you to do this! you know smackle is planning to break up with farkle? yeah, that's because of you!" she shouted, pointing her finger at misha's face.

misha blinked slowly, pulling maya's hand down. "maya, it's going to be okay." she spoke cautiously before wrapping her arms around maya's figure. misha felt maya's warm tears on her neck. she didn't bother to wipe them away. "r-riley, she's gonna hate me now."

misha pulled away. "maya, are you kidding me? riley could never hate you. go tell her. it's gonna suck at first, but we'll all figure this out. i know riley, she'll want to hear about this from you before anybody else."

maya nodded. she wiped her cheeks and climbed out of misha's window without saying another word.

misha was left dumbfounded. she blinked, taking in what had just happened.

the first thing she wanted to do was call farkle. misha reached down, but farkle's name appeared on the screen before she even pressed his contact.

"farkle? i was just about to call you. you'll never be-"

he interrupted her. "misha, can i come over? i need to talk." his voice sounded croaky and tired. misha wiped the expression off of her face. "yeah, come over as fast as you can."

farkle hung up.

misha waited for five minutes, but it felt like forever. she leaped out of her bed as soon as she heard miles yell "sparkle!!"

she opened the door before miles could reach the knob. farkle slumped with a sad face. his eyes were bloodshot, cheeks puffy. he had been crying.

misha didn't say a word. she hugged him tighter than she has hugged anyone in her life. miles frowned. "i don't think there will be any funny business today."

they eventually let go and made their way to misha's bedroom. farkle didn't speak for a few minutes before he piped up. "she broke up with me. isadora broke up with me."

he sat up from his spot on the bed, crossing his legs. misha did the same to face him. "when we talked, isadora told me that i had feelings for you. i don't know if i do. i don't know how to handle any feelings that i'm feeling. it was easier when everything was just said and done, and before i even believed in emotion. she needed time to think."

misha sighed and whispered farkle's name. "let's not think about why it happened. it happened. now i'm going to be a great friend and comfort you."

she leaped out of her bed and ran out of the room. to farkle, it felt like forever before misha returned to the bed with her hands full. misha carried two blankets, a tub of ice cream, and her pokémon dvds.

he chuckled. "you know me so well."

she nodded. misha made a fort of blankets and pillows for them on the floor. they crawled inside and misha started the show.

they indulged into the chocolate chip cookie ice cream for hours. the sun had been long gone, and farkle's mind was no longer on isadora.

he was drifting to sleep quickly. sadly, misha had to wake him up. she didn't want to. she wanted to admire him all night, untouched.

farkle opened his eyes slowly. "thanks for waking me. sarah would be upset if i didn't call her before eleven." she nodded.

"if you need me. i'm here. you don't even need to call, i'll understand. just tap on my window." she told him. farkle nodded. he gave misha a tired hug before leaving.

misha felt frozen to her spot. her toes curled onto the carpet. she crawled back into the fort and drifted to sleep.