Prologue

*Bella's P

*Bella's P.O.V*

"Sleeve... Head..." The tailor told my older brother, Ben as he measured his head and body in order to design his crown and outfit for his coronation next month. I sat on a chair a few meters away, on my phone. Why am I sitting here watching my brother get his body measured may you ask? Well, I'm actually waiting for my parents, as Ben and I have a big announcement.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're only a baby!" My father's voice made me look up and see him walk into the room with Mom.

"He's turning sixteen, dear." Mom said.

"Hey, Pops." Ben greeted, only for Dad to continue ranting.

"Sixteen! That's far too young to be king! Next thing you know, Bella will be getting married!" He went on.

"Whoa, Dad, I'm only fifteen." I reminded him.

"I just can't believe you're going to be king! I didn't make a good decision until I was at least forty-two!" He carried on.

"Uh, you decided to marry me when you were twenty-eight." Mom scoffed.

"Well, it was either you or a teapot." Dad joked, causing the scowl on Mom's face to grow. Ben tried to suppress his chuckle while I rolled my eyes, as Dad quickly added, "I'm kidding."

"Mom, Dad," Ben started, giving me a look that said 'let's tell them'. Ben stepped forward, only for the tailor to scold him. Ben ignored the tailor and continued, "I've made my first official proclamation." He announced, causing Mom and Dad's face to light up in interest, "I've decided that the children of the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here, in Auradon." Mom and Dad's faces dropped as soon as the word's left Ben's mouth, just like I thought they would. Noticing our parents' horrified expressions, Ben tried to justify his decision, "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned."

"The children of our sworn enemies living among us?!" Dad spoke up.

"Only a few at first, the ones who need our help the most." Ben explained, as that was when I got up and walked over to my brother.

"You're in on this?" Dad asked me in disbelief.

"It was her idea." Ben claimed.

"Our idea." I corrected, earning a smile from him. Dad seemed to be getting more upset by the second and started walking towards us, only for Mom to pull him back.

"I gave you a second chance," She reminded him, before looking at us two, "Who are their parents?" 

"Cruella De Vil." I began.

"Jafar." Ben continued.

"The Evil Queen." I added. Ben and I exchanged a look, before Ben said the last name.

"And Maleficent."

"Maleficent?!" Dad yelled in horror, making me jump slightly, "She's the worst villain in the land!"

"Dad, just hear me out." Ben tried to say.

"No, I won't hear of it! They're guilty of unspeakable crimes!" Dad raged.

"But Dad, their children are innocent!" I cried, "Don't you think they deserve a chance at a normal life?"

"Dad." Ben said in a pleading voice. We looked at Mom, who gave us a slight nod as she was warming up to the idea.

"I suppose their children are innocent." Dad admitted, before he turned and left, needing to process it more.

"Well done." Mom smiled at us, before following Dad.

"He took that better than I expected. Well... Eventually he did." I said, looking up at my brother, who nodded. We both looked out the window, to the grungy island in the distance; The Isle of the Lost. This was going to be a challenge, but a good one. I couldn't wait.

A/N: I've decided to change the name of my main character from Bree to Bella, so I'm going back over all the chapters and editing it, and also changing a few things to make it better. Enjoy <3

- Lucy x