12; The Make-Out Session

*Hello everyone, sorry I took so long to upload! I could lie and say it's because of exams but let's be real, my exams finished like three months ago and it's mostly because I've been lounging around my house and sleeping. BUT I'M BACK, PROMISE! I really want this book to get bigger (maybe it could even hit 100K? In time of course) and, for it to get bigger, I have to put in the effort. Which I will. Promise.*

My whole body tenses up, bracing, waiting for the moment where Alec's teeth impale me—a part of my threatens to collapse in fear, a fundamental , biological and deeply human fear that has more to do with predator and prey than it does Alec and Kara.

Yet another part of me, for some inexplicable, worrying reason, is almost excited.

The next few moments happen in what seems to be slow-motion: I feel Alec leaning in, then strands of his hair grazing my neck, inciting goosebumps from the contact—then I feel his lips, that perfectly sculptured pout I have always wanted to feel on me, on ever single part of my body. Then I feel a little puff of warm breath as his lips part and his teeth start to graze me.....

Oh just bite me already, my subconscious groans.

I'm still tensing in fear when Alec closes his lips and does something much more unusual than bite me. He kisses me.

Unusual in this context of course; my mind freezes in shock and then kisses continue. In fact, they gain intensity—it feels as if Alec is making out with my neck.

YEEES, my subconscious screams euphorically. FINALLY!

"Alec," I say, but my voice is so weak it comes out a whisper. "Stop."

Though my mind is heavily frozen, my body is reacting perfectly fine. I am warm all over....particularly down there.

Are you trying to stop him? my subconscious shrieks in disbelief.

That is exactly what I attempt to do, once my mind eventually thaws and I can react to the situation appropriately. Alec's kisses have moved from my neck and travelled upward, towards my cheek; if any other guy were to make out with my cheek it would be beyond awkward, but with Alec it is irrevocably erotic.

Somehow, through this almost impenetrable haze of lust my body is practically emitting, I manage to place both my hands on Alec's chest and shove him back a little. Though I am weaker than him, he gets the message and pauses his blitz of smooches.

Alec leans back and faces me. His eyes have grown even darker, though a lot less menacing than they were earlier. More heated. The look is enough to make my insides coil tightly. "What are you doing?" he asks, and there's a slight tone of incredulity in his voice, almost as if he cannot believe that I stopped him from kissing me.

That wakes me up further; irritation sparks within me and this arrogant vampire who think I want him to kiss me—

BUT YOU DO WANT HIM TO KISS YOU! shouts my subconscious.

—and this is something I know will always irritate me about Alec. That he knows I like him.

"I'm stopping you," I reply steely, and I can see that he notes the change in my voice because he gives me a weird look. "What is wrong with you? You were furious a second ago, and now you're kissing me!"

Alec shrugs his shoulders. "What can I say?"

"That you're an over-emotional nutcase."

"No, I'm Italian," he quips back, and I can't hide my small smile quick enough. He grins back at me and leans in again. "I'm sorry if I caught you off guard," he murmurs, and his voice has lowered to that seductive tenor I adore. "I just can't resist you."

"Yeah, well," I mutter, "I can resist you."

Alec raises an eyebrow.

My subconscious raises an eyebrow.

"Oh shut up," I say to the both of them.

Alec laughs and then he draws closer, so that his lips hover right over mine. Both his arms are on either side of my head. I like the way his body surrounds me, although a part of me is still slightly afraid and realises that, should I need to escape, Alec's body posture will make it even harder.

"Do you want me to kiss you?" Alec asks.

I swallow but there doesn't seem to be enough moisture in my mouth; in Alec's eyes, the onyx depths swirl like a storm of blackness, and I can see his amusement, his desire, and something else, something more ominous I can't quite put my finger on....

The door to Alec's bedroom creaks open and I hear a gasp.

Richard yells, "Alejandro!"

Both the vampire in question and I immediately spin around on our heel to see mom and Richard stood at the doorway, staring over at us with disbelief scrawled on their faces. Richard's eyes dart to my neck then back to Alec's profile, and though I see the obvious rage in his eyes, I also recognise disguised relief.

Mom is focused purely on me. Her mouth gapes wide open, and the shock she portrays would be comical if in any other situation. "Kara," she gaps. "What on earth are you doing?"

"Nothing," I reply quickly, to reassure her. The look on her face makes me feel dirty somehow, as if I have been doing something I shouldn't have been.

Which you were, my subconscious remarks, sat cross-legged on a chair whilst shaking her head condescendingly.

Mom doesn't respond but keeps gaping so Richard takes charge—he marches over towards Alec and grabs his arm. "You stupid boy," he hisses. "What do you think you're playing at?"

For once Alec seems to be speechless. He does not look repentant as I am trying to feign, purely to wipe mom's current expression off her face, but instead uneasy. Anxious almost. An emotion I would never associate with my arrogant vampire.

Richard is incensed, so angry it seems he is vibrating. I have never seen him like this, without his characteristic composure. Then Richard notices me staring and makes a visible attempt to calm himself down.

"Alejandro," he says, in a much cooler voice. "Let's go. We need to have a talk." He lets go of Alec's arm and exits the room and, like an obedient lapdog, Alec follows. Before he leaves, he throws me an apologetic look.

A few moments later I hear the front door click shut—where on earth are they going?

"Kara," mom says, still astonished. "Were you kissing your brother?"

Abruptly I am irritated with her, not that she deserves it. "He isn't my brother," I mutter through gritted teeth.

"But it looked like—"

"Mom, drop it. Please. We weren't doing anything. Besides, I'm really tired." I feign a yawn and then give her my sorriest expression. "We can talk tomorrow."

Mom doesn't speak for another beat or so—and then she nods, slowly but surely. "Tomorrow." She repeats the word with relief, as if a new day will shed a light on this predicament that will chase away today's shadows of confusion.

I give mom a quick peck on the cheek then sidestep her frame and bid a quick goodnight before heading to my room. I don't even bother getting ready for sleep; I just kick off my shoes and jump into bed and, regardless of all of tonight's excitement, as soon as my head hits the pillow I'm asleep.

I dream of him, Alec, and in the dream he's screaming. In pain. I creep towards him and with every step I take, the screams get louder. Eventually I'm close to him, and I see the tears streaming down his face. I see the crucifix hanging from his neck.

I see the blade plunging from out his chest.

99Y

(Next chapter Friday! Or possibly even earlier.)