Epilogue

A/N: Honor is 4 years older than Sparrow, Sparrow is 2 years older than Lily, Lily is 3 years older than the twins; Honor- 18, Sparrow- 14, Lily- 12, Ailen & Aiden- 9

Honor P.O.V.

I walked in the house hand-in-hand with my girlfriend Alice, and was greeted by my entire family. Great Grandpa Roy and GiGi Riza, Gramma and PopPop, Uncle Maes, Auntie Athena, Uncle Al and Aunt Winry, Uncle Apollo and Aunt Fey, my cousins Ismael, Micah, and Trisha, my parents, and my siblings. The twins, Ailen and Aiden, bombarded me before I even made it the rest of the way into the room. Ailen's wings fluttered with excitement as she and Aiden dragged me further into the house. "Happy 18th birthday, Honor!" everyone shouted. Aiden's light grey eyes shimmered with joy as he grinned up at me. The twins were fathered by both of my stepparents; Ailen was Raven's and Aiden was Storm's, but they were still so much alike. "Mama, when does he-"

"-get to open his presents?" they both chimed. Mom came in a flustered mess, still decorating and getting things in order. "After cake," she replied. PopPop chuckled, slapping his heavy hand on her shoulder. "Calm down, Princess." At 35 years old, she still detested the nickname. PopPop's hair was streaked with wheat-blond, and Gramma didn't look a day over 40, despite the silver streaks in her hair and the fact that her 54th birthday had just passed. Mom sighed and slid the paper plates across the dining room table to Raven, throwing her hands up in defeat. We all laughed as she stomped off to the kitchen, muttering in Latin.

I thought everyone told horrific stories about the extravagant birthday parties mom had thrown for us as kids, but this was ridiculous! She came in carrying a two-tier cake with whipped frosting, 'Happy Birthday Honor' written on the top in blue icing. "Marble?" I inquired hopefully. Mom looked at me with a smirk. "Of course," she replied. Storm lit the candles as everyone started up the birthday song. I blew out the candles, not having a damn thing to wish for. "Dad, Papa?" I mumbled. They both looked at me in alarm. I had not called them anything other than their names since I was ten. "You guys are awesome dads. I love you," I confessed. Storm smiled gently, patting my head like I was four again. Raven wrapped an arm around my shoulder and hugged me. "Thanks, Little Man...but why the sudden mush?" I shrugged. "Just thought I should let you know," I grumbled, embarrassed. "Okay! Present time!" the twins announced in unison, weaving through the slew of people. They came toward me, each carrying a small box. Hands shaking, I took Aiden's present first.

I flipped the lid off and stared. "A silver chain?" I asked. "Not just any silver chain," he grinned. "I made it with alchemy. "And I made this!" Ailen chimed. "They go together." Inside of Ailen's box was a small pendant, no bigger than a half-dollar coin, in the shape of a dragon eating its own tail. "That's a symbol your real daddy had on him. Mommy told us so," Ailen said, looking up at me innocently. I smiled and knelt down so they could clasp it. I got a studded belt from Unkie, new studs for my lip piercings from Aunt Athena, clothes from Aunt Fey, money from my grandparents and cousins (yes!), a new set of pastels from Storm, canvases and new pencils from Raven, new shoes from Uncle Maes, alchemy books from Uncle Al, a new wallet from Sparrow, a sketchbook from Lily, and...that was it. No presents from Mom? I looked up at her questioningly. 

"I wanted to give this to you sooner, but you're a klutz honey. You would have broken it," she laughed nervously. "What is it, Mom?" I asked, fiddling with the sleeves of my hoodie. It was Grief's once upon a time, but Mom told me he died before I was born. I've always known he was my real father because Mom never hid anything from us; she says I look just like him. She took one of my hands, palm facing upward, and set something in it. When she moved her hand, there was a small, round porcelain box sitting in the center of my palm. It was royal blue, with stars and moons painted all over it. I turned the key on the bottom of the box, and it softly creaked with age as it opened. Inside was a little glass woman, sitting in a white dress with her feet tucked under her, and she was surrounded by wolves. Her hand was resting on one of the wolves' heads, her pale skin glimmering against the mirror on the inside of the lid. It began to play music as the figurine rotated. "I-it was a gift from Grief, and I want you t-to have it," she stammered, twirling the silver crescent moon around her neck. That was also a gift from my real father. I let the song end before I carefully shut the lid, pulling her into a hug. "Thank you, Mom. This is the best," I said. "Happy birthday," she whispered, laying her head on my chest. She was so short! I wondered all the time how such a frail woman could be so dangerous.