Chapter 3

Artemis P.O.V.

Raven and Storm had started coming around more and more over the next few weeks. I could expect to see them on my front porch every day, so I wasn't surprised when they burst in the door one afternoon. "Artemis, are you busy?" Raven asked. I set down my book and looked up at him. "Do I look very busy?" I responded with a light smile. "Good, glad you're not. Let's go!" he exclaimed, tugging my arm. "Wait wait wait!" I responded, pulling my arm back. "Where are we going?" Storm finally stepped out from behind Raven, a broad grin on his handsome face. "It's a surprise!" he yelled excitedly. "I'm not going anywhere," I declared. "I haven't even changed out of my pajamas yet." After saying that, I felt my face grow warm from embarrassment. I hadn't changed out of my pajamas yet, which meant I was still in Grief's black, baggy hoodie that hung off of my shoulders and came down to my thighs, and I was standing here in front of two men. Two very handsome, very intimidating men who were staring at me.

I could feel Storm and Raven's eyes tracing every part of my body, piercing through me, making me tremble under their gaze. "We'll wait here. Go change, and hurry," Storm ordered, shoving me down the hallway. I glanced over my shoulder to see them sit down on the couch, Luna settling herself in Raven's lap. I shut my bedroom door and finally let myself breath. "Why do those boys make me feel so...nervous?" I whispered to myself.

Raven P.O.V.

When Artemis walked into the living room, I felt my heart skip a beat. Her long, smooth legs were sheathed in black pants and combat boots, and a white tee fit snugly over her large breasts and slim waist. She looked gorgeous with her hair thrown up in a sloppy ponytail and the sleep still in her eyes. There was beauty in her tired smile. I don't know what the fluttery feeling was in my chest and my stomach, but I'd only felt it with one other person, and he was sitting next to me. I couldn't understand what this woman was making me feel, but it was an amazing feeling. Storm noticed that certain something about her too, because he brightened up any time she was around.

"Let's go!" Storm grinned, standing up and holding his arm out for Artemis to take. She gently looped her arm through his and headed for the door. I followed behind them and grabbed Artemis' other arm once we were outside. She had the both of us escorting her through town, but she looked happy and proud. She wasn't embarrassed or ashamed to be out with us. I smiled as we lead her down the street. "So where are we going?" she asked, glancing up at Storm with a gleam of childish curiosity in her eyes. "It's a surprise," he whispered with a sly smile, glancing over at me. She turned to me with a pleading gaze, her mouth forming into an adorable little pout. I grinned and shook my head at her. "Nope. You'll find out when we get there," I said, winking at Storm. He winked back as we continued down the road.

Storm P.O.V.

"Close your eyes, we're almost there," I whispered. Raven put his hand over her eyes and snickered, pulling her toward the middle of town. She twirled a small crescent that hung from her neck by a silver chain, her fingers trembling with excitement. "Okay, open!" he shouted, swinging his arms out in a grand gesture. Her eyes lit up in excitement as she examined her surroundings. The town square was crowded with people, and music, and laughter. Several game and vending booths were set up. "Festivale," she whispered in amazement. "You mean the fair, right?" Raven asked, scratching his head. "That's what I mean," she confirmed, giggling softly. Her eyes scanned the stage and all the booths. "What are you looking for?" I asked quietly. "Hm? Oh, I'm looking for the fortune teller's booth. My mother sets it up every year." We started looking around with her. "There!" she squealed excitedly and ran toward a booth with a dark violet canopy.

"Artemis, wait!" Raven yelled as we chased after her. Surprisingly, there was a long line in front of the booth. Artemis didn't care; she weaved her way through the small crowd and ducked inside the tent. Raven and I just stood patiently at the back of the line.