Chapter 12

Raven P.O.V.

"Whoa whoa! Calm down babe!" I yelled, ducking just as a coffee cup went flying. "No, this is bullshit!" she screamed. She was pissed because she couldn't have caffeine. Storm said it was bad for the baby. "Why are you mad at me? Storm's the one that took it from you!" I shouted, trying to redirect her rage as I scurried away.

Storm, all 6'8" of him, approached her boldly, fear evident in his big grey eyes. "Too much caffeine is bad for the fetus. You've had your cup of coffee for the day. I'm sorry, love," he said calmly. "I hate this!" she pouted as she started to cry...again. Her mood swings were getting worse and were happening more often. "Mommy!" Honor squealed as he ran in the house, Ed close behind him. Artemis' mood brightened immediately. He hugged her tight, giggling as he patted her baby bump. Artemis was 18 weeks along, and her small body made her stomach look like she was ready to pop already. "That's right Honor, give Momma  and the baby all the love she wants," I chuckled nervously, putting more distance between me and her. "Upsetting her again boys?" Ed chuckled. "She is upset because she can't have caffeine," Storm sighed. Edward nodded toward Storm, smiling at his daughter with amusement lighting his golden eyes. "The doctor is right, Princess," he sighed. Artemis glared at him with the fire of a thousand suns in her eyes. "Well, the doctor hasn't been a doctor in years," she growled. "He's taking care of you, isn't he?" he retorted, still smiling at his daughter. She just pouted and stomped off to the living room. We waited until she was out of earshot to burst into laughter. "She's too adorable when she's angry," Storm snorted. "I know she didn't stand a chance against Mr. Elric," I chuckled. Honor looked up at us fearfully. "Mommy better not hear you," he warned before going to join her. We men all shared a collective gulp. "Well I should get going boys," he murmured, letting himself out.

Storm P.O.V.

I was worried. We didn't know whose child she was carrying. If it was mine, I wouldn't know what to do with a child. I didn't even want children. Honor...of course I loved him, but it took years just to be comfortable with him. I wouldn't know how to deal with another child, especially if it was mine. And if it was Raven's? That would put Artemis at such a risk. The baby would be a chimera like him, and there was a high chance that her small body would not be able to handle it. 

"Storm, did you hear me?" Artemis asked, snapping me out of my mental fretting. "No, I'm sorry love. What is it?" I quickly replied, hoping I didn't anger her. Her blood pressure had been erratic the past few weeks. "I want to move," she said. Just like that, those four words had struck my heart like a dagger. This was our home. "What? Why?!" Raven whined from the doorway, having just come inside with Honor. "Artemis, I would expect you of all people to want to keep this house--"

"I am," she interrupted. "I own this house, and it is my home...but we need somewhere bigger. There's not enough room here for us and another baby." Raven suddenly giggled, like he knew something she didn't. "If that's your only concern, why don't we just add onto the house? Y'know, renovate?" he said. Artemis looked genuinely surprised. "I didn't think of that," she mumbled. "Yay! The house is gonna be bigger!" Honor cheered. We had all agreed, and it was settled: the house would be renovated. That was the beginning of the next four months of hell. 

***It has been so long since I've updated this story, but everything has just been insane lately. No promises, but I hope I can get these finished soon, because I have so many other stories I want to start that I hope you all can enjoy as much as these ones.***