chapter 2

"Remember to go over your algebra paper I gave you for your upcoming test," Mrs. Williams yelled out to the class while dismissing them. Louis didn't bother to pay attention to most of what she said because he knew Niall would remind him later. While walking out of the classroom Louis caught a glimpse of Harry talking to his friends so he kept on walking. It didn't go unnoticed by Harry though.

It's not that Louis didn't want to talk to Harry. Don't get him wrong, he would do it every minute of everyday if he could. It's just, every time Harry does talk to him there's more rumors of him being gay. I guess it wouldn't be considered a rumor since it was true, but no one needed to know that.

Harry said a quick goodbye to his friends and ran to catch up with Louis who was already halfway down the hall on his way to his next class. Once Harry caught up with him he took hold of his sleeve and spun him around.

"Hey. I saw you notice me. Why didn't you come over," Harry asked confused. He usually met up with Louis after classes and he didn't think it was that big of a deal if he was with his friends this day. He just assumed Louis would come over to him.

"You were with your friends."

"Yeah. So?" Harry asked chuckling.

"I didn't want to disrupt you. And I'm not exactly like them so it's probably better I didn't come over."

When Niall noticed Louis wasn't walking with him he turned around seeing him talking to Harry. He figured that Louis would probably walk to class with Harry so he left.

"What do you mean you're not like them?"

"I'm not exactly liked like you guys are. I wouldn't fit in. It's fine."

Harry was still confused, but brushed it off figuring he could talk to Louis about it later. He let his hand slide down Louis's arm causing Louis to blush.

"Well I can still walk you to class if you'd like."

"No Harry, it's fine. You don't have to."

"But, I want to. Let's go." Harry's hand traveled down the rest of the way to his hand and took Louis's books again and began walking to his class.

"Will you meet with me for lunch?" Harry asked Louis.

To say Louis was surprised was an understatement. Harry had never asked if they could hang out during lunch. Walking to and from class and hanging out at lockers was one thing. But, hanging out at lunch where all of Harry's friends, popular friends mind you, were there to see was another. Louis didn't think he was ready for something like this. They weren't even together. Hell, Louis didn't even think Harry liked him. So this, this was not good.

"Oh, um. I d-don't think that's a good idea. Your friends will be there and I-I'm not exactly their type so I wouldn't exactly fit in," Louis stuttered. He didn't even know why he was so nervous. Actually, he did, but only he needs to know that.

"Why not? We could go out to a diner or something. It's rare I eat in the cafeteria so don't worry about my friends. As long as you're fine with random people, it'll be okay," Harry chuckled.

At that Louis slightly relaxed. Part of the process of getting to wherever they were going though is getting into Harry's car. With Harry. And only Harry. Louis was definitely not ready for this so he was still wary of the situation.

"I-I don't know. Can we even do that? Go off campus for l-lunch I mean," Louis asked Harry mentally cursing himself for stuttering. He's surprised Harry hasn't run off yet, but who knows. It could still happen.

"Yeah babe, don't worry. We're fine," Harry reassured Louis while slinging his arm over his shoulder while still walking towards his class.

"Um, okay. I guess I'll do it." Louis said while looking down so Harry couldn't see his cheeks knowing they could put Gossamer to shame.

"Great. Here are your books. I'll meet you after class," Harry said happily, handing Louis his books. Louis grabbed his books from Harry muttering a quick 'okay' under his breath and rushing in the classroom. He took his seat behind Niall while the teacher was shutting the door. Niall turned around noticing Louis's red cheeks and asked him what took him so long. Louis relied with an, 'I'll tell you later,' making Niall roll his eyes and turn around in his seat as the teacher droned on about a certain topic in World History.

-

"Seriously though, have you seen her. She's the most beautiful person I've ever seen," Niall said while walking out of the classroom.

"Niall, I understand you think Marilyn Monroe and you are meant to be, but while you're talking about how you think a women is sexy, you're forgetting one thing."

"What's that?"

"That I'm gay," Louis said with an eye roll, but also quietly so no one would here.

"Oh yeah. Guess I keep forgetting. Sorry bud," Niall said laughing lightly and clapping his hand against Louis's shoulder in an attempt to make the mood lighter.

"It's fine. I have to admit though, she is gorgeous."

"Good night," Niall exclaimed, "I can't believe she's actually a real person ya know? It's crazy to think that God made someone like her. I mean, it's-"

Louis tuned out the rest of what Niall was saying because Harry was walking towards him. He'll never get used to the feeling Harry gives him just by looking at him. Louis knows he has a teensy, itty bitty, teeny weeny, little crush on Harry. He knows it. But, he's not quite sure about Harry though. Sure, Harry flirts with him, and carries his books for him, and runs his big hands down his arms sometimes, but that still doesn't mean Harry has a crush on him. Okay, it may, but Louis doesn't want to to get his hopes up just to have them come crashing down. So he just silently prays that one day Harry will dramatically proclaim his love for him and they'll live happily ever after. That's how it goes in the movies at least.

"Then, while she's walking down the aisle towards me, you'll be on my left as my best man. Louis. Louis," Niall screamed snapping his fingers in front of Louis's face. He knew what he was staring at. It happens all them time. It just gets annoying after a while.

"What. Oh. Sorry," Louis said blushing deeply while looking at Niall. He turned his head to see Harry still walking towards them. Once Harry was close enough he told Louis hi, slinging his arm over his shoulder and took his books while directing a distracted 'hey' towards Niall.

"Are you ready to go," Harry questioned Louis.

"Go? Go where," Niall asked, his possessive side for the younger boy coming out.

"Out. To lunch," Harry told Niall then once again diverting his attention back to Louis.

"So. You ready," Harry asked again.

"I still have to put my books away, but then I will be," Louis smiled up at Harry.

'Great' Harry said under his breath so Niall wouldn't hear. It's not that Harry didn't like Niall, he just got annoyed how possessive Niall could be over Louis. Once at Louis's locker Harry leaned up against breathing out deeply while Niall stood on the other side. Harry thought it was pretty obvious that he liked Louis. His friends knew. He was pretty sure Niall knew. Louis, not so much. He doesn't know why though. He thought the flirting and small touches was enough to give it away. He definitely thought what happened last week in the bathroom was enough to give it away, but apparently not. As for him being gay, he didn't really care if people knew. He had close friends that were supportive along with a family. It didn't bother him much. Louis slamming his locker shut brought Harry back from his thoughts. Seeing Louis smile up at Harry made his heart skip a beat.

"I'm ready. Niall, I'll see you after lunch, kay," Louis said directing his attention towards Niall.

"Yeah, okay. Be back before the bell rings," Niall tried telling Louis, but him and Harry we're already out the school doors.

__________________
Just to let everyone know if it wasn't clear by the summary, the story's set in the 50's. I don't know a lot about the 50's so bare with me. And if you don't know who Gossamer is he was a character in the Looney Tunes which was a popular kids show in the 50's. I had to look that up cuz Elmo wasn't around in the 50's :)) tell me if there's any mistakes :)

1489 words