chapter 1

a/n: I know nothing about the UK education system besides the grade percentage so I'm just go with freshman through senior. The high school I use is a real school though. How Louis and Harry look is in the media. There will be other characters introduced too, don't worry.
__________________

"Louis, let's go," Niall said while tugging on Louis's cream colored sweater and stretching out the 'o' in 'go'. They were both in the bathroom because Louis wanted to look presentable for a certain someone. He was standing in front of the mirror fixing his hair then afterwards dusting non visible dirt of his khakis and sweater.

"You're fine. You look great. They'll think you look great. Now let's get to class." Niall said while stepping between the mirror and Louis.
"You can't afford to be late again after what happened last week now do you?"

Niall said with a smirk on his face and shimmying his shoulders a little. A blush appeared on Louis's cheeks after remembering what happened. He definitely couldn't have that happen again. Louis puffed out his cheeks then blew out the breath that was locked in.

"Okay. I'm ready, let's go." Louis grabbed his backpack off the floor, Niall doing the same, then walking out of the bathroom into the crowded halls of Balby Carr Community Academy.

Louis and Niall walked through the sea of students trying to reach their lockers going unnoticed. They weren't exactly hated by everyone, but they weren't exactly popular so they tried to keep a low profile. For Louis though, that wasn't exactly the easiest thing to do when the whole school was already skeptical of him being gay. He obviously was, but that didn't keep him from not wanting everyone to know. Not everyone was completely excepting of gay people at the high school so he wasn't in any rush for everyone to know.

The only reason people thought he was gay was because a certain someone liked to flirt with him. That certain someone may also happen to be the most popular and loved boy in the school so he couldn't not flirt back. It was like a crime against humanity.

That certain someone also happened to be walking down the hallway towards Louis and Niall in all his 6'3, curly haired, and green eyed glory. Once he got to Louis's locker he leaned up against it and smirked down at Louis. He didn't really pay attention to Niall, but that wasn't new. Niall noticed him first and nudged Louis with his elbow trying to get his attention since his view was being blocked by his locker door. Louis looked to his right and saw the certain someone standing there and his heart rate sped up only a little.

"Hi Harry," Louis shyly spoke looking down at his feet and pushing up his glasses.

"Hello Louis. Niall," Harry nodded towards Niall in recognition then directed his attention back to the tiny boy in front of him noticing he had his head back in his locker taking out books for his next class, Maths. Harry took hold of the top of the locker door, peering over it to get a better glimpse of Louis. Once Louis had taken all of the books out he needed Harry slammed his locker shut and took Louis's book out of his hands and started walking down the hall.

"Harry," Louis said trying to not be too loud so attention wouldn't be on him, but that's kind of hard when Harry Styles is the one you're talking to. The attention seemed to follow him anywhere he went.

"Yeah," Harry questioned turning around to look at Louis.

"We have to go the other way. To get to Niall's locker. I told him I would walk with him to class." Louis told him quietly. He felt like Harry would be mad at him because it seemed like he was in a rush.

"Oh, yeah. Okay. Let's go." Harry said walking to catch up with Louis since the moment he started talking he had turned around already rushing to catch up with Niall. It didn't take him long though because Harry's long strides quickly caught up with Louis's small ones. They walked the rest of the way to Niall's locker in comfortable silence.

Once they arrived Niall already had his books in his hand and was closing his locker. Louis asked him if he was ready receiving a nod in return.

They started walking towards the classroom they had to be at in less than five minutes with Harry in tow. Harry liked walking behind them though because he couldn't deny that Louis had a great bum that was worth staring at.

Louis and Niall reached the classroom and began walking in. Almost to his seat Louis realized he didn't have his books and turned around quickly going to the doorway where Harry stood smirking.

"Here ya go, love." Harry handed Louis his books still smirking.

"Thank you," Louis said quietly once again blushing.

"See you after class, kay," Harry asked him.

"Okay," Louis spoke, louder this time while looking up at Harry. Harry only smiled in return and turned around walking toward his class.

"Mr. Tomlinson? Would you like to return to my class or stand there all day," Mrs. Williams said to him while Louis got red from embarrassment from being called out in front of the whole class.

Louis turned, walked towards his seat next to Niall and sat down. Niall gave him a knowing look while Louis just looked down at his hands thinking about a not so certain someone.

___________________
I'm sorry if this is really crappy. I just really liked the idea and I promise it will get better along the way. Please tell me if there are any mistakes and if there's anything I can do to make it better. Hope you like it :)

986 words