Five

The next few hours were spent in Agent Hotchner's office, him and Garcia showing you how they filed and sorted cases.

"Now there will be some cases that come directly to myself or some that we are instructed to work on rather than requested," your new boss explained. "But the majority will be passed to us to sort through and decide which is a priority and needs our immediate attention and which isn't."

You'd nodded, it was fairly similar to what you'd been doing in the UK. The Agent selected a handle of cases which he was going to look at personally and provide a telephone consult for and then instructed Penelope to show you to your office and to talk you through your computer set up.

"I get my own office Agent Hotchner?" You must have missed that, instead assuming that you'd be working from desks downstairs with the other profilers.

"Yes Y/N. As media liaison you'll need the space to sort through the cases and make contact with the relevant authorities without distraction. Your office will be next door to Penelope's. Also, when we're here, please call me Hotch. The rest of the team do." You took note, nodding at him.

You left his office following Penelope, listening to her jabbering away. You could see Spencer leaning over his desk, his tongue slightly stuck out between his lips. He was obviously hard at work. Penelope clocked you looking at him.

"Oh yes sweet lady, I want to know all about you and the good Doctor." She'd tried to ask you when you were in Hotch's office but he'd shut her down with a short sharp "Penelope!" her responding "Sorry sir," like a petulant teenager everytime.

"There's nothing really to tell. I happened to move into the same building as him and I had the good fortune to run into him on my first day." You followed her into an empty office where she sat down at a desk.

"Your main computer is here obviously, laptop for travelling is in that bag over there. They're both synced with each other so whatever you save on one will load up on the other. The phone lines in here are secure and are recorded so if you need to make any personal calls it's best to use your cell." She was pointing out things as she went, reaching into a drawer and pulling out a new cell phone and handing it to you. "Work phone and charger, already pre loaded with all of the important contact details, including all of our cell numbers. I'm speed dial number one. Spencer is currently number five I believe, but you can change that. I sent an update out this morning to the rest of the teams phones with your number so they'll all have that too now."

She motioned for you to sit next to her as she booted up the computer.

"But you have gone out with him a few times right?" she changed the subject back to Reid.

"Well yeah, but just as friends. And derek was there too. What exactly has he said about me anyway?"

"Who, Morgan or Reid?" she asked.

"Both."

She pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to you. "Log in details, you can change the passwords if you like, but if I need to get access to something on here I'll be able to. It's what I do best." She logged in for you and started pulling various programmes up.

"Hmmm, well, Spencer hasn't really said much other than he'd met a girl who was moving into his building and that he'd helped you out moving some boxes. He's very private usually so that fact that he mentioned a girl had us all dying for more details. But he wouldn't even tell me your name, so I couldn't even Google you."

"To be fair to him, I'd never actually given him my full name so it wouldn't have been much use anyway." You avoided using your full name as much as possible, preferring to use the shortened version of your christian name.