Chapter 6

Dodie's POV

I woke up with a sore head. The lights seemed so bright above me. What had happened last night? I turned to my left  to see Emma curled up under my duvet, sound asleep. She looked so small and innocent.

Memories of the previous night came flooding back into my mind. I think it was Emma's first time with a girl, she seemed very new to it. As I was thinking about it, Emma let out a loud snore sending me into fits of laughter.

She squinted her eyes open and frowned at me. "What are you laughing at?" Her croaky voice mumbled with a smirk. "Oh, nothing!" I teased and moved closer to her. "Oh don't tell me I was snoring again..." Emma groaned as I began to laugh even more. She laughed with me and eventually we were in tears.

Suddenly, Emma stopped laughing and her smile dropped. "Emma, what's wrong?" I asked reaching for her hand. "Don't touch me!" She snapped and got out of the bed, looking for her clothes. I didn't understand; she seemed perfectly fine just a second ago. "Talk to me, what's going on?" My mind was swimming with thoughts and my hands were shaking. "I'm sorry Dodie," she said, looking into my eyes. "Last night was a mistake. I can't do this anymore."

She started packing her bag. "Emma!" I cried "We can fix this, I promise! Please just stay so we can talk about it -"
"I can't!" Emma shouted back at me. We looked at each other for a few moments before Emma grabbed her suitcase and walked towards the door. She was out of my flat in seconds.

I didn't know what to do. I felt bad for pushing her too much but at the same time I wanted her back. I burst into tears and ran into my room. I had seriously screwed up...