Chapter 6 -Did I do Something Wrong

Chapter 6 - Did I Do Something Wrong

MC
--------------

'... It's light of the day that shows me how and when the night falls my loneliness cries...'

I shifted in my bed continuously until I figured out the singing wouldn't stop.

'... dance with somebody, I wanna feel the heat with somebody, with somebody who loves me...'

I grunted as I grabbed my phone to look at the time. '6:28?! And this girl is singing?!'

I decided to grab my towel and head to the restroom before anyone else could get to it.

In the shower, my head kept on pounding and every time I'd shut my eyes, I was in a dark space. I don't know why, but I didn't view the world the same anymore. All the things that's happened these past few days really killed my insight for humanity.

I soaked my head a bit more until I felt like I could go on again. Rapidly, I headed to my room and got dressed. Although my week wasn't so smooth, I still had one more thing that can turn my hidden frown upside down.

I put my phone in the pocket of my black jeans and zipped up my white polo jacket. My science notebook and English journal was all I really needed for today's classes.

I headed downstairs and everyone was there eating breakfast except for Lyric. My mom didn't look like she was going to work since she was in her pajamas at 7 a.m. and her hair was in a bonnet.

"Good morning everyone. Thanks for waking me up megaphone mouth." I looked at Imani.

I took a seat next to her while my mom slid my plate to me. I'm surprised it wasn't in a to-go plate.

"I have a nice voice, thank you very much." She said as she picked up her glass of orange juice.

I shook my head as I took a bite of my toast. By 7 ten, we were on our way to the car and no one has seen Lyric all morning. Mom went upstairs to check on her.

Kimani, Imani and I exchanged looks without being too suspicious in front of our parents.

When pops was pulling out of the driveway, mom ran outside causing him to stop the car. He put down the windows.

"Did we leave something?" He said to her.

She shouted. "Where's Lyric?" She ran up to the car. "She's not in her room! I busted the door open. Where is she?! Quay?"

I looked at her in fear. "Mama, I promise she ain't tell me nothing. I didn't even know she was gone."

She backed away from the car as she tapped the hood. "Aight, take them to school before they're late."

We got to school about five minutes after, but was almost late. The twins are never late so they were a bit scared.

As I was sitting in class, all I can think about is Berry and this date later on. I was texting her low key until Amber came back to bug me.

"Hey Quayon." She said with an attitude.

I put my phone in my pocket before she says anything dumb to the teacher like last time.

"Wassup" I didn't even make eye contact with her.

She passed me a note and didn't say anything. I adjusted myself in my seat before I read it.

...'I'm sorry'

I shrugged and looked at her with a mean mug.

She took back the note then put it back on my desk.