Chapter 2: "Sinbad the Sailor!"

Start from the beginning

"Well, that was fun." Sinbad says as he claps his hands together. The people of the Caravan smile as they were impressed by him and he smiles. Annalise stands behind him and rolls her eyes.

"How can we thank you for saving us?" The girls ask.

"Are you traveling without male company?" Sinbad asks.

"Yes, our father and brothers went to war." One of the girls say.

"Then why not hire us? We can take care of any bandits!" Sinbad says.

"We are here for some small business then we are heading home." One of the girls say.

"Oh, maybe next time." Sinbad says as he soothes the head of the youngest girl.

"We don't want to get you in trouble with your girlfriend anyway." One of the girls say.

"Girlfriend?" Sinbad asks and Annalise sighs.

"I'm not his girlfriend." Annalise mumbles with a blush.

"How about we pay you in some of our wares?" The oldest of the girls ask. They open a barrel and everyone except Annalise and Sinbad scream.

"Don't open without permission!" The guy in the barrel says shocked.

So, Annalise and Sinbad were stuck with the mysterious guy wearing a green outfit. He looked to be a magician or sorcerer of some kind. He walked with a funny looking staff. He introduces himself as Yunan as he flirts with Annalise, who barely noticed him flirting.

"Oh um, hello." Annalise says. Sinbad glares and steps between the two as Yunan had taken Annalise's hand.

"Anyway, what were you doing in a barrel?" Sinbad asks as Sinbad keeps himself between the two protectively.

"It was so nice and dark in the barrel." Yunan says.

"He's weird." Sinbad says. They arrive back at the village and Annalise giggles as they spend time with the villagers in their village. Yunan watches them both. They finally return home and Esra tries to get out of bed.

"You brought a guest with you two, please make yourself at home!" Esra says.

"Mom, don't get out of bed!" Sinbad says.

"But, I..." Esra says.

"It's fine, lie down." Sinbad says.

Annalise gets started on making dinner as she'd taken over the duties of making dinner for the family as she wanted to repay for them taking care of her.

The next morning, Yunan wakes up to find Sinbad and Annalise making breakfast. They feed him but then say that they must leave for a cargo work. They turn and leave the house as they wave goodbye to Yunan.

"You seem to be enjoying your breakfast. I taught Annalise everything she knows." Esra says. Yunan bows formally to her.

"Yes, thank you for letting me stay here." Yunan says.

"Don't mention it." Esra says before coughing a lot. Yunan mixes the herbs into the tea and gives it to her.

"Thank you very much." Esra says, "You are our guest, you shouldn't have to worry about my well-being."

"Have you had this illness for long?" Yunan asks.

"I have, and it pains me that it's burdening Sinbad and Annalise." Esra says.