4

I woke up on the cold, tile kitchen floor. My head begun spinning as I lifted my body off the ground, resting on my hands now.

It was dark, the only dim light coming from the few digital clocks on the oven and microwave.

3:48 am.

I tried standing up off of the ground, but slipped on some liquid, landing with a loud thump. I ran my fingers through this mysterious liquid and smelt it. It felt like blood, it smelt like blood, it was my blood...

The memories of last night–well actually a few hours ago–slowly started coming back to me. The yelling, the punching, the kicking; all of it.

The kitchen lights were abruptly turned on, revealing a tall figure in front of me: Justin. I guess I was so immersed in the memory of last that that I didn't realize he came down.

He was shirtless, wearing only sweatpants hung low on his hips. All his tattoos were exposed on his bare chest and arms.The bottom of his gray sweats had little red drops on them.

His hair looked messy, and his eyes stone cold. He didn't look like he had just woken up; it looked like he stayed awake the whole time.

I nervously looked down at my red stained hands. In fact, there was was blood everywhere; on me and the whole kitchen. It was like a scene straight from a horror movie.

"You should clean up yourself... The kitchen too." His voice was hard and emotionless, just like the rest of him. He spoke like he owned me, and in a way I guess he did.

He was possessive and manipulative. If he wasn't, then I wouldn't be trapped in his house unable to visit my family for the past year.

I quickly nodded moving to the cabinet where we kept the cleaning supplies. I grabbed a towel and sprayed it with cleaning spray, crouching on the floor and scrubbing away all my blood and tears from before.

"I..." he trailed off. I looked up at the person who beat me senseless hours ago. He no longer looked like a scary man, but as a helpless boy. He kept his head down as his fingers fumbled, playing with the bandages on his hands. "I'm... I'm sorry," he continued in a quiet whisper.

Justin slowly lifted his head, gazing into my eyes. His were filled with despair. He looked so... so weak. So defenseless. It broke my heart to see this man, who would kill without remorse, look like he was going to cry.

I simply nodded my head and continued cleaning.

Justin turned around and slowly walked upstairs back to our room, leaving me more confused than before.

He always hit me, always. But he never apologized. Not once. It was strange, but then again so was he.

I finished cleaning the kitchen, then proceeded upstairs to our room. Justin stood in the balcony, despite the below freezing weather and his barely there outfit, smoking a joint.

I quietly went into the bathroom and took a hot shower, trying to clean away the events that just occurred. My mind was running wild and I couldn't understand a thing that just happened.

When I came out, Justin was sitting up in the bed. His expression was solemn as he looked over my towel covered body, licking his lips. My cheeks turned tomato red as I quickly went into my closet changing into some comfy sweats. 

When I walked out, his eyes followed me all the way to our bed. I laid down on the far edge on my side with my back facing him, and tried to fall asleep sleep.

Justin began fumbling with the sheets and I soon felt his arms around my waist. He pulled me closer to his body, so my back was pressed against his bare chest. He was warm, and the heat from him radiated onto my body.

I felt a sense of security in his arms. I felt like he would never let anyone hurt me, which was ironic because he was the one who hurt me the most.

"Good night baby," he mumbled into my ear, his hot breath on my neck.

"Night," I whispered barely audible, my voice shaking.

Justin nuzzled his head into my neck, and that was how we woke up the next morning.

--
this chapter is short sorry! also i know i just started my story so obviously there's like no one reading it, but if you are reading it and you like it, please comment or vote or something. just lmk if there's actually anyone enjoying my story. that's all i want really