Chapter 7 - Teddy

Comincia dall'inizio

“Lumos,” whispered Teddy, making it look like they were doing something. Instantly, a light formed at the tip of his wand. Teddy grinned; he wasn’t surprised. Harry had taught Teddy a heap of spells using Harry’s wand when he was little. Whenever Teddy mastered a spell Harry would smile sadly and say, “Clever and quick like your father.” Teddy’s hair would then turn a happy pink and Harry would say, “Funny and happy like your mother.” Then he would get up and walk out of the room and left Teddy wondering what he had done wrong. Gradually Teddy saw that Harry had too many wounds of grief to have any heal properly and having Teddy over so much only opened them more.

“Teddy,” Brendan whispered, bringing him back to earth. “Do you know any spells?”

“Yeah,” he whispered back. “You?” Brendan’s face contorted in worry as he shook his head. Teddy gave him a comforting smile, “It’ll be fine. But try saying expelliarmus. It disarms your opponent. It’s not going to be big anyway.”

Suddenly Ivy shouted, “Expelliarmus!” and a jet of red light burst out of her wand, missed Emma, but hit Piper Corin who was sitting behind Emma. Piper’s wand flew out of her hand and Teddy jumped up and grabbed the soaring wand.

Emma’s face twisted in rage and she yelled, “Rictusempra!” Again it missed who it was intended for but Brendan was the unfortunate victim and he began to laugh hysterically.

Teddy quickly said the spell finite to get Brendan back to normal.

“Thanks,” he gasped.

“Boys!” Ivy screeched. “A little help!” Emma, Eva and Opal were now all focusing on Ivy who was doing an excellent job of ducking and jumping as spells whizzed by.

“Tarantallegra!” Teddy pointed his wand at Eva, and her legs started to dance out of control. She dropped her wand in shock.

“Expelliarmus!” Brendan cried and to his great surprise, Opal’s wand flew out of her hand and hit him between his eyes.

Teddy raised his wand to cast a spell at Emma but Ivy snarled, “No! She’s mine!”

Hesitantly, Teddy lowered his wand and stood back.

Professor Flitwick had since tumbled off his stack of books in shock and hit his head on the edge of the desk and was lying unconscious and forgotten in a crumpled heap as the students crowded around the fight, egging them on.

Emma sneered. “Are you sure you want to send your friends back? You’re hopeless on your own!”

“I don’t play dirty like you Cart,” Ivy replied evenly. “And at least my friends have enough brains to keep their wands in their hands,” she commented as she watched Eva trying unsuccessfully to grab her wand while dancing frantically.

Emma glowered at Ivy before raising her wand threateningly.

Ivy raised hers to and in an almost bored voice said, “Petrificus Totalus.” The spell hit Emma straight in the chest and she toppled over, stiff as a board.

The Hufflepuffs cheered and the Slytherins looked highly disgruntled. Ivy high-fived her best friends and the all grinned in pleasure.

Then Teddy remembered where they were. “What happened to Professor Flitwick?” he asked.

Ivy shrugged and looked around and eventually found him on the floor. “Oh Merlin,” she said, her eyes wide.

“What are we going to do?” whimpered Brendan. “We still have fifteen minutes of class.”

“And we can’t wake him up because he’ll see the… um, effects of our spells,” Teddy added.

Ivy brightened. “I’ve got a good idea!” She turned to Eva and Opal. “If we give you back your wand, Lloyd and stop you dancing Grimm and wake up Cart, will you promise to keep quiet about what happened here?”

Eva and Opal looked at each other and tried to decide what to do without Emma making all the choices. Finally, Eva nodded and Ivy smiled.

“Right, Teddy. When I tell you to, go to Flitwick and say aguamenti. You know, the water spell. Then run back to your seat as quickly as possible and look like you’re learning lumos. Me and Brendan will deal with these idiots,” Ivy instructed them.

Teddy nodded and quickly tossed Piper Corin her wand back and made his way to the front of the classroom.

Brendan gave Opal her wand and Teddy positioned his wand over Flitwick’s face.

Ivy gave a quick nod at Teddy and the said quietly, “Finite.” As Emma’s limbs moved again, Eva clapped her hand over Emma’s mouth and dragged her into a sitting position.

Meanwhile, Teddy and muttered, “Aguamenti.” A spurt of water sprayed the Charms Professor and he woke, spluttering.

Teddy sped back to his seat and plastered a concentrated look on his face as Flitwick rose, water dripping off his outraged face.

“WHY AM I COVERED IN WATER?”

--------------

Because there was a fight in your classroom!!!! Ah, Hogwarts...

Please tell me what you thought!

Miss Weasley