Chapter 9 - At Potter Place and Teddy

Sorry it took so long! I was making up the other magic schools in Europe and had a bit or writer's block of how to go about it. I still think it's pretty boring, but it's a long chapter.

Enjoy!

Miss Weasley

Chapter 9 – At Potter Place and Teddy

Bill looked around, waiting for his eldest daughter to come spinning out of the flames but she didn’t come. Gradually the flickering flames turned back to glowing orange and Bill started to get worried.

Power-walking into the living room of the Potter’s home, greetings were called out to him and Charlie jumped up to welcome his brother but this all died down at the look on his face.

“Bill? What’s wrong?” Ginny asked, setting baby Lily down in a cot.

“Has anyone seen Vic?” he questioned desperately.

Fleur rolled her eyes. “Zat girl! She ees probably just playing a treeck on you, Bill! I wouldn’t worree, she weell get bored soon.”

Bill sighed and his shoulders fell. “I guess.” He took a seat next to Charlie and joined in with the chatter that sprung up but the thought of Victoire lingered in a corner of his mind.

*

It had been four days since Flitwick had woken up in his classroom, dripping wet, facing the extremely guilty looks of his students. But they had remained tight-lipped, and no words had been said about what had passed between the Slytherins and Hufflepuffs. Ivy and Emma Cart, though, had been at each other’s throats at every waking moment, trying to outdo the other in every way possible.

Today was the day the schools abroad would be arriving to stay at Hogwarts. Gellentarta had told the school yesterday at dinner about the problem and Teddy, Ivy and Brendan had all shared knowing looks. Magical tents had been going up all day with charms being placed all around them. Most schools would have places to stay of their own but for those who didn’t, Gellentarta had decided to make them welcome to warm, dry tents when they arrived.

Lessons had been cancelled for the whole day to prepare for the streams of students walking through the Hogwarts halls. Some older students were helping the teachers enlarge everything to accommodate everyone.

The first years had been told to get ready for the welcome. The girls had immediately sprinted to their dormitories to take the best shower first. The boys had plodded up slowly after them. When the finally arrived, they weren’t squabbling about whose hairbrush was better like the girls. Teddy and Brendan got ready together and talked a little to the other first year Hufflepuff boys, Tom Hargrove, Dennis Knowles and Paul Kroll. Teddy liked them well enough, though he thought Paul Kroll was a bit mouthy and rude.

When Teddy and Brendan trooped into the common room, Ivy was already waiting for them, having just showered and thrown her hair into a messy but pretty bun.

“It’s crazy up there,” she told them. “Clara Parsons was begging me to let her put make-up on me. I downright refused. Come on, we’re only eleven!” Teddy chuckled, imagining Ivy shouting at Clara to get make-up away from her.

“Shall we go down?” Brendan asked. “I want to meet some new people.”

“Yeah let’s go,” agreed Ivy.

“You do know that none of these people will be our age,” Teddy reminded Brendan as they started towards the Entrance Hall. Brendan just shrugged.

The Entrance Hall was busy with students pouring out into the grounds to wait for the schools. McGonagall was directing each year group to their positions. When they reached her, she gave them a quick glance and said, “Front row.”