ACCEPTANCE

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry. Hindi yata kita mabibigyan ng anak. I'm not good enough for you." Was the last words I heard from her before she was scurrying out the door. I was dumbstruck because it all happened so fast.

One minute, I was talking about how cute my nephew Baste was and how cute he still is even though he's already in kindergarten, the next minute, she was crying and leaving without telling me where she'd go. She took her car. I immediately followed her and tailed her. I kept my distance. I knew that if she found out I was following her, she'll drive faster.

She went to our Restaurant that was overlooking Taal volcano. I guess she needed to go to a happy place, a place where no one will see her. It was a holiday that's why our Restaurant closed early.

There was a sudden downpour which I know was a good sign even though we were not in a pleasant situation at that moment.
She was just standing there, looking blankly into space, not caring that the rain was pouring down on her. I stepped out of my car and approached her.

"Maine." I said softly but I knew she heard it because her head moved slightly towards my direction.

"Maine, please." She didn't move. Instead, she bowed her head and started apologizing in between sobs.

"Alam ko galit ka. Alam ko galit ka sakin." Her voice was broken. I knew what she was feeling. I was in her shoes a month ago and it felt like the whole world was crashing down on me.

"Love, andito lang ako ha. Kaya natin to." Those were her words the night I returned from my road trip. She knew something was up and even though I saw a slight tinge of hopelessness from her that night, she still held me and comforted me. Right now, the same thing was happening to her.

"Hindi ako galit." I wanted to let her know that I am here for her no matter what. The rain wasn't gonna stop soon and the fog was starting to devour everything in it's direction.

I didn't hesitate anymore. I know she wants to be alone every time she's sad or lonely or depressed but this time it's not only about her. It is about us, our family, our future and I want her to know that whatever happens, I will never leave her side.

"Maine." I hugged her from behind. I enveloped her in my arms. I love her so much that not having a child wouldn't change how I feel. I love her and I will love her until my last breath on this earth.

"Tisoy. I'm sorry." She faced me slowly. Tears were evident in her eyes even with the rainfall.

"Don't be. I love you. Magkaanak tayo or hindi, mag-ampon tayo or mag-surrogate, wala akong paki. Mahal kita at kahit anong mangyari sa buhay natin, mamahalin kita. I love you, Maine. So much." I said those words while looking deeply into her eyes.

"I love you, RJ. I just thought na dahil sa di ako magka-anak ay bigla mo akong iwan." She bowed down.

"Di kita iiwan. You are my person. You are heaven sent. You are my life. Hinding hindi kita iiwan para sa isang stupid reason." I held her face and made her look at me while I said those thing. Her face softened. "At tsaka isa pa, pwede naman natin ampunin si Baste." I kidded. She laughed softly.

"I love you." It was the last thing she said before I was kissing her under the torrent of pouring rain while being enveloped by the voluminous fog.

Rain still was and will always be a good sign for us.