BARGAINING

Another month has passed

Another month has passed. Still, we were piling negative pregnancy kits after negative kits in our trash bins.

"Love, punta tayong Obando." Maine suddenly said. We were lying in bed, her head against my chest, feeling the afterglow of an epic love making session when she suggested it

"Sige. Pwede naman. Kelan mo gusto? Pwede ko naman sabihan si ate April mag-manage ng Restos for a week para sure." I wanted to go. It feels like the right thing to do.

"As soon as possible." I knew then that Maine was sad. I knew that this baby making was also taking its toll on her. It shouldn't be this much of a chore.

"Ok. We'll go next week." I held her closer to me, kissed her on her forehead. I love her so much, it hurts that having a baby is something we can't easily do. I always thought that you have sex and that was it. Now, it's seems a lot harder.

We went to the doctor again a few days ago. She said that Maine's hormone levels are now normal because of the meds she's taking. "Ok na. Bigyan ko na lang kayo ng tips para mas maging effective ang conception." She gave us steps like most effective sex positions, diet, and activities that will make it easier to conceive. These were the same health teachings she gave us the last time we were in her clinic. I guess we'll just have to keep doing them and hope for the better.

I felt Maine already asleep and soon, I dozed off, too.

--------

There were only three things that ran through my mind as we danced to the Obando fertility tune.

The first one, I asked God to give us the gift of a child. I wanted Him to take whatever he wanted from my earthly possessions just to have a child. I told Him that I could take whatever punishment He deemed just so Maine could have our child.

Second, I love Maine so much that I asked God not to let Maine go through the feelings that I was or I am having. I asked Him to let me be the one who receives the bulk of the stress and not her.

Three, I would give anything to have our child. I wanted a complete family. Me and Maine together with our child Charmaine or Thirdy. Everything else didn't matter anymore. I just wanted our child.

"Love, magkakaanak din tayo. Tiwala lang." Maine whispered. I guess she saw the look I was having while dancing the fertility dance. I smiled at her then kissed her.
I held her hand and just enjoyed the rest of the dance. I guess tonight, we'll be doing more than dancing again.