Prologue

A/N: Finally! I've been thinking on writing this story for so long but I was kind of lazy and didn't have much inspiration, since it's easier to think of a story in your head and seeing the images of how you want something to happen rather than writing it.

This is story is kind of beta'd but neither by beta or I have english as our first language so there may still be some mistakes, especially since this is my first time writing something this complex (at least is complex for me).

This story is also posted in AO3 with the same name under the name of PhantomTales (That's my name in AO3)

Enjoy!

Fairy Tail nor it's characters belong to me, they are the work of Hiro Mashima.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Well, now that we are all here..." said Makarov when, finally, Mermaid Heel's master, Reinsha, arrived and sat just beside him.

This reunion, or rather, this gathering of guild masters consisted of Makarov Dreyar, Fairy Tail master, Ooba Babasaama, Lamia Scale master, Reinsha Shazidia, Mermaid Heel master, Bob, Blue Pegasus master and finally Sting Eucliffe, Sabertooth master and the one gathering all of them here. They were in Sabertooth's meeting room, a large room with a round large wooden table, because, according to Sting, every-guild-needs-a-round-table-if-not-you're-not-an-official-guild reason.

Makarov, didn't know what was this meeting about, but when Sting called two days ago telling him in a desperate voice that he needed him for a master gathering now, with a lot of emphasis in when the meeting should take place, he couldn't think of anything. What would need a master gathering in so short notice? But even after thinking for two complete days, Makarov couldn't really say he had an answer for his own question.

"Tell us Master Sting" said Ooba, being as lost as Makarov was. "Why did you gather us here?" she asked. "If it's not worth it I'll make you spin" she said with her right hand lifted and spinning her index finger.

"I promise it's worth it, Master Babasaama. This actually concern all of you" Sting said, his normal smirk missing from his face. "Well, this actually concerns every mage in all Fiore.

"Get to the point, Master Sting" said Bob, forgetting his/her usual friendly and feminine tone.

"Three weeks ago an S-class mission arrived to Sabertooth," Sting started his explanation "the mission consisted of stopping a wizard known as the Sorcerer, that's what the flier said, from stealing magic."

"Stealing magic?!" all of the other masters said at the same time.

"That's impossible!" Reinsha said.

"It's actually possible, but it would kill the mage" explained Bob.

"It's not impossible, and my mages didn't die" Sting continued "But as I was saying, it was a S-class mission and a difficult one, so I decided to send Orga and Rufus, two of the best wizards in Sabertooth. A week later, that's how long the mission was suppose to take, they didn't return neither they sent a message saying they'll take longer, so I sent Rogue with Frosch to check on them." Sting made a pause, like if what he was going to said was the worst thing that could have happened. "He found them in a hospital, they didn't remember what had happened, so Rogue decided to take them to the guild for further examination."

"I still don't see the problem in here" Makarov said "it's normal for brats to end up in hospital after difficult missions. Mine always end up in hospital or injured, they are quite the paperwork."

"Please let me finish, Master Makarov." Sting said, looking at Makarov with the most sad eyes anyone could have. Sting was just a kid, Makarov had to remember himself, just like his brats; the only difference was that Sting had the weight of being a guild Master on his shoulders. "After having them checked, we found nothing wrong with them, except the fact that they didn't remember what had happened. They were forbidden to use their magic until they were in better shape, that's why we didn't notice any trouble at first. But last week we had a magic competition at Sabertooth, and when it was Orga's turn he couldn't even make a single lightning. At first I thought it was something normal because he hadn't use his magic for almost a week, but then it was Rufus turn and the same happened."

All the masters knew what this meant.

"They lost their magic" Sting started crying, tears falling slowly from his eyes, forgetting completely his place as master, and showing the 19 year old teen he really was. "They lost it completely, there's not even a trace that it once was there. Nothing at all. And the worst part is that they didn't even notice!"

"It's not your fault, Master Sting" Bob said again in his/her feminine tone, trying to console Sting.

"That's right Master Sting, it's not your fault, all missions have their risk." Master Makarov knew this since the second he became a member of Fairy Tail, but his guild had never suffered a lost like this one. Loosing one's magic? That was the end of a mage, not to mention it was impossible, at least to Makarov. He remembered one time he asked Porlyusica about a mage loosing their magic, she looked at him with eyes of indifference and told him that that feature was actually impossible because a mage that loose their magic was a death mage, that he must stop asking her senseless stuff, and focus on taking care of his brats. "But..." Makarov said, looking at Sting with a fierce gaze "We are going to stop this Sorcerer and find a way to return Orga's and Rufus's magic. Fairy Tail is going to do all in their power to help you."

"Thanks, Master Makarov" said Sting, wiping away his tears.

"Lamia Scale will also help, we're not going to let the Fairies take all the glory." Ooba said, spinning her index finger.

"Neither does Pegasus!"

"Mermaid Heel is going to show you all what mermaids are capable of."

"It's decided, we are going to send our best team to look for this Sorcerer and bring him to justice, but we must be careful so he won't steal more magic. Master Sting, I will ask of you to send us the information you've gathered concerning the Sorcerer and his abilities."

"Yes, I'll ask Rogue to gather all the information and I'll hand it out to you before you leave to your guilds."

"Don't worry, Master Sting, you can count on all of us." 

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Well, this is just the prologue but I'll be posting the first chapter as soon as I'm done with it. I've planned this story but I may improvise something in the way, just to make it more fun and enjoyable.

Please tell me what you think of the story.

Thanks! :3