Chapter IX

Dearest Erik,

I am sorry for the way I acted and showcased my emotions to you yesterday, I was out of line. The questions I asked were completely uncalled for, and they were so out of propriety that I most probably bought a single-way train ticket to Hell. I will never pass the bounds again between friends, and no longer will I enquirer into your sordid past. I'm sorry I ever did.

Please forgive what I have assumed of you, and your place in my mind and heart. I understand, but that does not mean I appreciate why I mustn't be able to pursue you. I was hurt, though I do truly know that you can't comfort me in the ways I wish. I wish there were more words for you, and more explanations, but I already put my heart on my sleeve for you.

You have my deepest apologies.

Yours,

Haya

My Dear Haya,

Apology accepted. I am thankful you understood.

Your Erik

Dearest Erik,

I fail to see why your reply was so short, we used to talk of music and other trivial things for paragraphs and paragraphs! It seemed odd to receive so little from you.

If I must apologize again, please say so, for I will apologize as much as possible to keep you as my friend.

I respect both my father's and your wishes.

Yours,

Haya

Dearest Erik,

This may sound forward and desperate, but why have you yet to answer?

Father said you aren't due for more travel until next year...

If you wish to stop communications, I accept your decision. Yet, I would not mind an explanation.

Yours,

Haya

Dearest Erik,

My birthday celebration is next week, and I know by my third unanswered letter that this is the longest stretch I have made to seek you out.

But, will you attend? Father said he wouldn't mind the visit, and I know that I would like to play our song again. I'll even act as though I have nothing for you in my heart!

I'm sorry, that was forward but I find that I cannot remove the sentence from the paper.

I want nothing more for my birthday than to have you present! My days mean nothing if I don't have you in them.

Yours, always,

Haya