Chapter 13: "Moved Away"

Your POV

It was the summer of my junior year. It started fairly slowly, and I didn't have any plans, nor did Zane.

My life was unusually boring.

One morning, I woke up to my parents were dragging some of my cabinets and pillows into a large truck outside my house.

Needless to say, I was a bit confused.

"Mom! What's going on?"

I tugged my mother's sleeve and asked. She sighed, turning her head away from me.

"Your father got a job up north in Scaleswind. We were going to tell you sooner, but we figured you wanted to end your year happily."

I couldn't believe what was happening.

"W-wait.. We're moving?!"

I stuttered, not wanting to be in this reality anymore. The thought of leaving everything behind again tore me to shreds.

Zane...

Oh gods I have to tell him!!

I started to sprint, but my mom took my hand and hoisted me backward.

Strength. So that's where I got it from.

"Sweetie please, your father and I want the best for you."
"So you think the best is for me to move every year? I never see you guys. You probably don't even know what's going on in my life. It's like whenever I actually need you, you're gone. And now? I'm leaving home AGAIN!! All because you want jobs elsewhere that pay more cause we clearly don't have enough money as it is."

I shouted, pointing at the two story house and using as much sarcasm as I possibly could.

"First I leave my friends in (town name), then in (other town name) when I was 14, and now again when I'm 17?! This is ridiculous. Why can't I just stay here?"

Tears formed in my eyes and I quickly wiped them away, feeling uneasy. My mother sighed deeply, holding me close to her. I blew my nose in her dress.

"Honey.. I know it's hard. But your father-"
"I know. He wants me to have the best education. The best life. The best everything. But I'm not getting that. I have friends here, mom. I have a life here. I can't just leave without a goodbye."

I sniffled, glancing up at her and backing away. My mind was made up, but it was too late for this.

"We already sold the house."
"How? I never saw any signs saying it was for sale."
"We held a silent auction for it on that Saturday you were out with that Zane kid."
"Behind my back?!"

My voice broke. I was beyond hurt. Not only did my parents not care or know about my relationship with Zane, but they did this all without me knowing.

"What stupid job is this important to give away our home to strangers after living here for 3 years.."
"Your father had the option of running his own company in the field."
"Just leave me here then."

I retorted, sitting on the concrete and pulling a flower next to me out of the ground.

"I don't want to go."

I realized I was acting like a three year old, but it didn't matter to me.

I wanted to stay.

"Sweetie I-"
"Y/N! Get in the car. We don't have time for your temper tantrum."

My dad yelled, picking me up and practically throwing me in the van. I covered my face as they finished loading the furniture into the moving truck.

I plugged my seatbelt, looking at my house for one last time. My father got in the car and started driving, my mom patting my back from the front of the car.

I'm sorry Zane.

I'm so sorry......

--------------------

Zane's POV

It was a terribly sunny day outside,
Y/n's (least favorite/favorite) time of the year. I was eating an apple and enjoying the trees as I walked to her house.

I planned on taking her out to the park today. The weather was mild and not cloudy at all. Besides, she would love the picnic my mother packed.

I stopped at the house, it seemed quiet. Not a person in sight.

Odd... Usually her father is in the garage.

I walked up to the door, my eyes widening and the apple hitting the pavement.

There was a large sign hanging there, sporting gigantic letters that read:

MOVED AWAY

----------------

The end.

Thank you for reading.