"Clary!" Jace called after her as we all picked up our paces, trying to keep up with her. "Clary, stop! Where are you going?"

"Two men, Circle members, the same ones who came to my house, who took my mom. They have Dot." Clary told all of us when she finally stopped running, looking around the dark alley. I frowned at her words, knowing that if Valentine had Dot that she was in more danger than we had originally thought. Jocelyn and Luke had told me about Valentine before, how dangerous he was- is. I met Clary's teary gaze as she spoke up again, looking right at me. "They're gonna hurt her or kill her. We have to stop them!"

She took off running again, inside the building in front of us, the club we had been at just the other night, Pandemonium. Unlike the other night, the club was empty, no music pulsing through the air or large crowds. It looked at though it had been abandoned.

"She was just trying to help us." Clary looked back at me. "Now, she's gone."

"Clary, I'm sorry." Simon apologized to our friend as I wrapped an arm around her shoulders, trying to provide her with some small sense of comfort.

"You don't understand." Clary shook her head.

"Dot's like a big sister." I whispered.

"It's not safe here." Alec walked over to us, glancing at me as I held Clary. "We have to go back to the Institute right now."

"So, what now?" Clary asked as she shrugged my arms off of her. "Valentine has my mom and Dot, we're just gonna give up? What about my memories? They can't just be gone?"

"There is another option." Jace told her.

"Don't even," Alec began to shake his head, knowing where Jace was going with this. "Absolutely not."

"I'm not afraid of the Silent Brothers." Jace said.

"Who are the Silent Brothers?" Clary asked.

"They're Shadowhunters with superior powers." I told her.

"Who possess the ability to recover memories." Isabelle shared the most important part with her.

"A process that can also kill you, so there's that." Alec pointed out.

"Your bedside manner is abysmal." Simon scoffed at him.

"We've broken at least eighteen Clave rules and now you want to go to the City of Bones?" Alec narrowed his eyes at Jace. "There's no way. I won't allow it."

"This isn't our choice to make." Jace glanced back at Clary. "This is Clary's decision."

"You can't ask her to do this." Isabelle shook her head, just as eager to go through with this plan as Alec was. "She doesn't know what she's facing. She's not prepared."

"If anyone can tell me another way to recover my memories and still get the answers we need, I'm listening." Clary cut in, making the decision herself. She glanced around at all of us, as though expecting us to try and argue with her, convince her not to do this. None of us spoke up though. "That settle's it."

"See? I told you she's one of us." Jace patted Alec on the shoulder as we all headed back out of the empty club.

*~*~*~*

"Yeah, this place isn't creepy." Simon's words were laced with sarcasm once we all reached the City of Bones, standing outside the city's entrance. "Not at all."

"Don't tell me you're afraid." Isabelle chuckled at his obvious fear.

"Are you kidding me?" Simon scoffed. "I was born afraid... which sounded a lot better in my head."