When we were Friends

A/N
This part of the story is kind like a flashback from when they were kids. They were about 10-11 years old when they did the prank. Also, I know this may not be accurate according to the show, but in this part of the story, Mrs.Agreste is still around, she has not gone missing yet. Enjoy! :)

Marinette POV
I grabbed Adrien's hand. We giggled as we snuck into his dad's room, quietly closing the door behind us.

"You get the camera!" I whispered to Adrien. He giggled again as he grabbed a silver camera from his bag. He also pulled out a few cans of silly string, handing me one that was green and one that was purple.

We had a master plan to prank Mr.Agreste, Adrien's dad. The plan was to set up a camera to catch it on film. We were going to hang up a net, filled with balloons and silly string, above Mr.Agreste's desk. When he sat down on his chair, the net would open up and release the balloons and string. Then camera would get a video of the whole thing. Adrien would be taking pictures on his phone as we watched, then he was going to post them on his blog. It was the perfect plan.

Once we finished setting up the net, I filled it with all the silly string in the cans. Adrien grabbed two more cans, a blue and pink one.

"Hey Marinette?" Adrien said. I looked up at him, his green eyes sparkling in the dim light of Mr.Agreste's office. "I'm glad your my friend, Mari." I smiled, feeling a blush creep up my cheeks. "Me too."

Adrien POV
After getting all the balloons and silly string in the net, we finished setting up the camera. This whole prank was Marinette's idea, I came up with doing it on my dad. It was gonna be great!

We both jumped as we heard the sound of my fathers voice coming from downstairs.

"Natalie, make sure my schedule is cleared for today. I need to make sure Adrien is ready for his next shoot." We quickly ran out of my fathers room, the sound of his shoes getting closer and closer as he came up the stairs. I grabbed Marinette's hand pulling her out of my fathers room and into the nearest closet. Holding back a laugh, we heard my fathers footsteps pass the door and fade as he turned the corner towards his office.

"We have to get to my room! Hurry!" I said to Marinette. We opened up the closet door and raced to my room. Marinette closed the doors behind us as I raced to my computer. Turning it on, I entered my passcode and clicked on "Camera Live Stream." The camera set up in my dads room was ready to go, the prank was in motion, and Mari and I had a front row seat.

We couldn't contain our laughter as we watched my father enter his office. The first thing Dad did was pick up his cellphone, texting someone. We stared at the screen, watching him type on the keyboard of his phone.

Then it happened. He began to sit down. It felt like it was all moving in slow motion. As he sat down on his chair, he reached for his computer keyboard, but in a matter of seconds, he was covered with Silly String, balloons flying around the room.

"Hahahahahah!" Mari and I were practically rolling on the floor. Still laughing. I got up and grabbed my phone, taking a picture of my screen. My dads face was pure shock, but it was priceless! He stood behind his desk, mouth wide open, shoulders slumped. Mari watched as I took the photo from my phone and uploaded it onto my blog.

'Gabriel Agreste gets the surprise of a lifetime, and by the look on his face, he was truly shocked!' We couldn't contain our laughter as I finished typing the title and hit 'upload'.

Suddenly we heard, "ADRIEN AGRESTE!" My fathers angry shout made both me and Mari jump. We heard his booming footsteps echo throughout the hallway, getting louder and louder. Dad was coming in here. And he was close.

Marinette POV
"Mari, go hide in the bathroom!" Adrien said. "I don't want you to get in trouble!" He said, giving me a gentle push. Slowly I nodded, part of me telling me to stay by his side. "Go!" He whisper yelled.

I ran into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I heard Adriens door open, the handle slamming into the wall. I leaned my back against the door, trying to hear what Gabriel was saying to Adrien. I heard Adrien talking, but I couldn't understand, it sounded muffled. I jumped as I heard the sound of someone slapping someone else's cheek.

Adrien POV
My fathers hand slapped against my cheek, causing me to go crashing to the ground.

"Where is your friend?! Was she a part of this?!" My father yelled.

I shook my head, "S-s-she left a f-f-few hours ago. The prank was a-a-all me." I lied about Mari. I didn't want her to get in trouble.

My father hit me again, harder. "You stupid, idiotic son! This could ruin my reputation in the fashion industry! People will think I'm a joke! And it's all your fault!"

Dads words hit a nerve inside me. I fought back tears as I stood up, only to have my faced slapped a third time by my father, pushing me back onto the ground. He walked over to my computer, seeing I had "Camera Live Stream" still on. Dad grabbed my phone, unlocking it. When it turned on, the irate thing he saw was the uploaded picture on my blog. "If my business fails because of your stupid prank,it's your fault, you worthless, stupid child!" He held my phone in his hand, showing me the screen. My father threw the phone onto the desk, then walked over to the door, opening it and slamming it behind him.

My face stung. My vision was blurred due to my tears. I felt a hand touch my shoulder. Mari stood behind me, gently grabbing my face to see where I had been hit.

"Adrien I'm so sorry! Are you ok?" She looked at me in the eyes. Slowly I stood, nodding. "Are you sure?" She asked, rushing to stand up. I nodded again.

"Adrien if I had known he would do this-"

I held up my hand. "I think it's best if you go." Mari looked up at me.

"Adrien-"

"Please, just GO!" I screamed. She jumped, her eyes showing she was scared. Mari nodded, slowly walking over to the door. She turned the handle, slowly opening the door.

"I'm sorry Adrien." She walked out the door. I ran over to my bed and started crying, tears of pain and anger flowing down my cheeks. I never want to see her again! Not in my house, not in my yard. I will never trust her again! Mari is the reason I'm in pain. I took all the blame! I thought.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng," I whispered. "I take back what I said earlier. I wish you were never my friend!"

Marinette POV
Before the prank began, I saw nothing but joy and laughter in Adrien's eyes when he looked at me. His smile was never forced, always genuine and kind. His eyes would light up when we decided to go on adventures.

After that day.......he never looked at me like that again.

1273 Words
Published on August 3rd, 2016
Edited on March 31, 2017