Living with the Bentley Boys [ 23 ]

Jaycee's P.O.V

Fear, more fear than I'd ever felt in my life washed over me; travelling down my body, down my spine until my mind had gone blank and my limbs were immobile.

It wouldn't stop, the sound of the bullet rung through my ears, looped over and over again.

"LET HIM GO!" a voice bellowed beside me and suddenly I was back to reality standing in what appeared to be an old warehouse, my hand being tugged further, forcing me to stumble forwards.

I froze, as my eyes raked over the body tied to the chair, I recognised him from the dirty blonde hair, to the stance he was slumped forwards in, from the checked shirt I'd picked out for him this morning to the scar on the back of his neck he'd told me about in secrecy.

No - it wasn't, it couldn't - no.

I let my hand slide out of Zane's, my body still in denial as I took a wobbly step forwards but Zane put out his hand, not letting me walk any further.

Liam.

Their mum had actually taken Liam, his hands were tied behind his back, the rope digging into his already bruised wrists, his face was covered in dirt, long cuts covered his tiny arms. I'd heard it, The brothers had told me what their mum had done to them but it didn't seem real enough to be true, until now, until I'd seen it with my own eyes I didn't understand why they hated their mother, but now I did, and my god I hated her too.

I was trembling now, words writhing under my skin but I couldn't force them out, the injustice and mistreatment he was being given made tears surface my eyes, a large lump forming in my throat as tears clogged my eyes.

"What are you doing?" I whispered, my eyes glued to their mother, she was a petite woman, beautiful and I could see her looks in all the Bentley's.

She stepped forward, a sneer smeared across her face, "What does it look like?" she asked, a gun in her right palm - there was no emotion in her voice, not the slightest bit of fear or guilt, and I couldn't comprehend how a mother could treat her own child like this.

My insides hurt; a kind of burning sensation, a fire that had been ignited and was roving my insides turning everything to ashes.

Dylan stepped forward, his mask falling, "Mum -" his voice was soft, so soft I felt my knees collapse underneath me. "Mum, let him go, we can talk about this, like adults." He was continuing, and Zane took in a hopeful deep breath from beside me.

"You're fucking insane -" Cole burst out; his fists were clenched at his side. "Look at yourself," he was screaming, "You killed Dad and now your son -" and he was shaking his head, his fist placed in his mouth not being able to continue. "You're a fucking psychopath." He spat.

Her face clouded but I couldn't bare to keep looking at her, she wasn't worth it. I turned to look at Zane, feeling so vulnerable and helpless as he stared at his brother, tied up and couldn't even do anything about it. He was muttering something under his breath.

"I have to tell the police" he looked scared again, his face screwing up just as I had seen outside, "The police - tell them it was an accident.' He was muttering to himself, so out of sync with reality.

"Zane-" I whispered, tugging at his hand.

"I didn't shoot him," he was shaking his head, "I didn't shoot him." His tone had taken a turn and he was angry now, his voice brittle and cold. I turned to face him, grabbing his face roughly between my shaking hands.

"I know." I whispered quietly as our glances locked. "I don't know what you're going through -" and my voice was a little shaky, "and I don't know why you're so scared but I promise -" and he blinked slowly, "I promise you, it's going to be okay."

I turned back to their mother, who was signalling something to a man behind her. He walked forward, a dirty smirk plastered across his face before punching Liam from the back compelling him onto his knees. I winced as his knees contacted the floor but he kept his lips sealed, almost as if he didn't want to satisfy his mother and let her know how much it hurt.

He pulled out a gun from his pocket, and held it against Liam's head, and I couldn't respond or retaliate because the fear was consuming me and I was chocked with panic, one wrong move and bam. The man's finger was on the trigger, the smug look still on his face before he stopped and his eyes connected with mine.

"You -" he said and I could see his gold teeth glistening.

Cole beside me was shaking his head, "You're not taking her, what do you want?"

He ignored him, walking over to me, small, short paces that felt like they would never end. He took my hand from my side, and placed the gun in my palm.

"Kill him."

I shook my head, taking a step back.

I'd rather kill myself.

I felt his fingers pressing on my jaw, applying pressure so that I flinched to look at him. His eyes were clouded, like the brother's mother and I didn't know how they could mask their feelings like this but his eyebrows were rutted and I knew he was angry. He let his lips brush my ear - "I said, kill him."