1

The entire house reeked of booze. The yelling and arguing amongst everyone was heard throughout.

"There's no way you could get that lucky three times in a row! You have to be counting cards!" Dylan's loud voice echoed throughout. He was Justin's right hand man, his best friend. Dylan was usually the friendliest of the bunch, but right now his brown eyes were dark and angry as he pointed his finger at Matt.

"Yeah Dylan's right! Matt crashed his car the day he got it! He's the most unlucky person I've met!" Alex backed Dylan up. Alex was also a very close friend of Justin's. He had sea green eyes and platinum blond hair. He was the most Irish person I've ever seen, and boy did he hate to lose.

It was a Thursday night. Just a casual day to most people, but to this crew Thursday nights were Poker night. Every week seven of Justin's closest friends would come over will full pockets of cash. All seven usually ending up leaving with empty pockets, as Justin never lost. Poker was his game.

"Girls, girls... Relax. Matt is clearly not cheating. Just let us continue the game without your annoying bickering," Justin chimed in. He had that devilish smirk on his face, the smirk that meant he had something up his sleeve.

Dylan and Alex sighed, recognizing the smirk as well. There was no point in arguing over Matt's cheating if Justin was just going to win anyway.

I'd like to say Justin and his friends weren't a gang, but then I'd be lying. There were of course more members than them, but these seven were the selective few that Justin would never kill, no matter how angry he got, and boy did he get angry... He was the leader though, so if he wanted to kill someone, no one's going to stop him.

"Bella?" Justin called out my name.

I quickly got up and walked over to where he was, my feet padding against the cool tile floor.

"Could you get my Cuban cigars babe? These boys are about to lose and I don't want them to feel too bad." He smirked, clearly confident with his cards. As I said before, Justin always wins.

As I returned with the cigars I heard yelling and some poker talk that I didn't understand.

"Face it boys, I won. Again," Justin remarked smugly as I handed him the cigars.

He pulled me onto his lap, placing a big, sloppy kiss on my cheek. I personally love poker night because once Justin wins, he becomes happy and giddy. I'd take a happy Justin over an angry one any day.

Justin placed his winnings in my hand and brought his lips to my ear. "Look at all this. Think of all the things I can buy you with all this cash baby girl..." The feeling of hot breath on my neck was driving me insane.

"I know you guys can let yourselves out when you're ready. I have some business to attend to with my girl. I'll be upstairs, so if you need anything, don't stop by." Justin smirked as he lifted me up and carried me gently up the stairs. My cheeks turned red at his statement causing me to hide in the crook of his neck, the smell of his cologne overpowering the stench of alcohol.

I felt Justin's hands trail down to my ass, gripping it lightly. He then sat down at the edge of our bed, placing me on his lap, allowing his hands to roam freely over my body. As his eyes trailed over me, he licked his lips driving me crazy.

His lips connected with mine and I sighed, finally feeling the soft plush feeling once more. He slowly pulled away, leaving a trail of kisses from the edge of my mouth all the way to my neck where he began sucking harshly.

I moaned out in pleasure as he left marks on me, finally reaching my collarbone.

"I-I love you," I breathed out unexpectedly. I was so in the moment I didn't even think when I said those three words. That was the first time I'd ever said them.

His lips stopped their movements and he slowly disconnected them from my body. Justin's caramel colored eyes met mine, and all I saw in them was fear. 

"Wait, what..." His gaze never left my own.

I smiled shyly. "I said I love you Justin."

The fear in his eyes quickly turned to anger causing my smile to slowly fade into confusion.

"No," he briskly mumbled.

"No?" I countered, never having been more confused.

"No!" He yelled it this time, pushing me on the floor in the process.

Justin got off the bed and began angrily running his hand through his honey brown hair. He was pacing back and forth mumbling incoherent things to himself.

I stayed on the floor, tears threatening to escape my eyes. I was so confused. I just told him I loved him and now he's angry?

He took one last look at me. Our eyes met once more, but there was no emotion in his this time. They were the darkest brown I had ever seen. He looked cold hearted and untouchable.

He abruptly turned around and left, slamming the door on his way out.

His feet pounded loudly down the stairs and as he reached the bottom, I heard some muffled confusion from the others.

"Shut the fuck up!" An angry Justin yelled as the front door was opened and slammed shut once more.

He didn't return for a whole day after that, and when he did, boy did I wish he hadn't.

--
so this is basically just a flashback of 'the day it all turned bad' i guess you'd say. hope you guys are liking it so far! also i forgot to mention this in the intro, but this is clearly fiction and not something you should base your life on. if you are in an abusive relationship, get help. tell your family, your friends, whoever it is, and get help. you're all way too beautiful to be with someone who hurts you, whether it's physically or verbally. if you don't feel happy in your relationship, then it's not right. also if you ever need help with anything you can always message me :)