The Tall Man

Her hand ran over her white skirt neatening it the best she could. Dr. Clay pushed his glasses up on his face. He looked up at the girl before him suspiciously. " What's your name?" He asked her as nicely as possible.

 She smiled up at him and said, "Clara!" joyfully.

 Dr. Clay scribbled something on his notepad thoughtfully. Clara seemed like a normal little girl. Why would someone dump a normal little girl off at an asylum? This was Dr. Clay's first time working with Clara, all doctors before him had become to scared to be near her.

  "So, Clara do you remember anything before you came here?" He asked her.

  "No sir.." She annouced shyly. Dr. Clay watched confused as she stared beside her chair, but decided to let it go and ask his next question.

  "Do you remember any your family?"

  " I don't know but the Tall Man might..." She answered.

  " Who's the Tall Man?" He asked curiously.

  " A friend!"

  "What does he tell you about your family?" He watched Clara's head turn, looking to be following something moving around the room.

  "Nothing, he wont tell me anything." She said as Dr. Clay paused to scribe more on his notepad.

  He looked up at her and smiled the best he could because he began to become a little freaked out. "Where is the Tall Man?" 

  Her head continued to turn then stopped looking up behind Dr. Clay. She smiled and giggled a little before looking back at Dr. Clay. "He right behind you."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 Name: Clara Jones

 Age: 8

  Family: Unknown

  Illness: Schizophrenia, Epilepsy

  Treatment today: Counseling

  Reactions: Spoke back

  Notes: This is my first time working with Clara at all. She has Schizophrenia and Epilepsy from what we know. Schizophrenia makes individuals see and hear things that are not there. This particular case is very shocking because the symptoms of Schizophrenia usually do not show them self's till around age 16 to 25. I heard from the other doctors that have worked with her they have told me that when she was found on the steps of the asylum she had a note with her. It said: Her name is Clara she is 4. and that's all. I have also heard from the other doctors that I am the first person for her to tell what she sees, they've seen her looking at nothing and staring in to place a lot but she would never talk to them about it. The nurses tell me she's very nice and proper but they are scared of her because she looks at things that are not there and talks to herself and she will not play or even talk with the other children here.

  I am a pretty new doctor only 29,  but I do not scare very easily. When had told me that the 'Tall Man' was behind me, this scared me a lot.