Chapter 2 【Malfoy Used Peck!】

Chapter 2

 Malfoy Used Peck

I slouched in my seat at Potion’s class. I still couldn’t believe I was Malfoy’s girlfriend. Of all people, I’d rather be Blaise’s girlfriend or any other Slytherin. Just anyone but Malfoy! Hermione sat in the empty seat next to me.

“How did it go with Malfoy? Everyone knows why you went with him.” Hermione informed me. After she finished talking, the entire scene repeated in my head. I groaned as I dropped my head onto the table. Ouch…

I sighed. “It went peachy. Absolutely peachy…” My voice softened as words passed. Hermione’s eyebrows furrowed. “Naomi, what happened?” She sounded afraid, as if Malfoy had decided to force me to drop out in order for Uncle Rubeus to stay.

“I don’t want to talk about-“  Before I could finish my sentence, Ron came running into the class. He slammed his hands onto the table as he looked at me intensely. “You’re dating that scum bag Malfoy?” He exclaimed, confused. Hermione and a million of other heads all faced me, shocked.

“You’re dating Draco?”

“She’s dating my Draco!?”

“No way, since when?”

The words and gossip continued to flood the class.

Hermione looked at me with confused and furious hazel eyes. “You’re dating Malfoy? Why? Did he force you too? I’ll kill him!” It was odd hearing Hermione, the A-student saying a vulgar word but I knew it was an empty threat. She wouldn’t do anything that would make her get kicked out of Hogwarts. It was nice hearing her say it though.

“Who’s dating Malfoy?” Harry asked as he stepped into the class. I gulped, he was the last person I wanted to find out we’re dating.

Ron pointed his finger directly at me, causing me to fluster.

“Naomi!”

Harry had the same expression as Hermione did.

He really is the last person!

“I just heard you’re going out with Malfoy!” He said as he slammed his hands on the table. “You can’t be serious. You must be dating a new kid named Malfoy or something, right?”

I felt a deep crimson take over my cheeks as I slowly nodded. “it’s true Harry, I’m dating Mal- Draco.” There was acid dripping from my words, none of course were directed to Harry. Simply saying his first name made me want to tear him apart and feed him to spiders.

Harry shook his head, as if he was disappointed in me. It hurt, a lot. I was so tempted to yell out that I was forced to and it was all an act to protect my uncle. But that would be the end, I would no longer be able to see my cheerful Uncle Rubeus every day.

What was worth more to me?

Losing my crush or losing my Uncle?

I clenched my hands and felt my nails pierce into my skin. I looked away from Harry’s emerald eyes.

“I know. But I really care about him, Harry. I really do.” Those word are meant for you Harry! Figure it out!

I heard him suck in the atmosphere. I winced, ready for him to yell at me for falling in love with someone as pompous and rude as Malfoy.

“I understand,” Harry said. I turned my head hastily to look at him. He was scratching the back of his head and exhaled. “I can’t control who you date or love in Hogwarts. Just, make sure he doesn’t make you cry.”