Chapter 3: A Day Out Brings Out a New Hero?

Tsukishima sighed as he picked up the struggling girl. She kicked and thrashed, but Tsukishima's long limbs prevented little (f/n)'s attacks. He smirked at the girl as she kept missing, making her pout. Yamaguchi giggled a little as he peeked out of his room.

"Tch. All she came with is a stupid dinosaur backpack and a few pairs of clothes," Tsukishima murmured to himself, "not even a water bottle."

"Eh? That's it?" Yamaguchi asked, interested.

"Yes, unfortunately...we'll have to go shopping," Tsukishima grumbled.

Yamaguchi laughed and clapped, causing a slightly confused (f/n) to clap along as well. Yamaguchi felt like a new parent, except his partner was his best friend instead of his girlfriend. Tsukishima didn't seem to enjoy this new experience much, though. Tsukishima just scowled at the thought of taking care of another person.

"Ooh...when? Should we take the others?" suggested an extremely excited Yamaguchi.

"We are not taking the others," Tsukishima's glasses glared in the sunlight peeking into the room. O-oh! A double glare! Yamaguchi thought.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Yamaguchi had somehow convinced Tsukishima to go shopping that day. His tall blond friend just scowled at everything he saw. Yamaguchi chuckled and he repositioned the young girl in his arms. She giggled a little which made Yamaguchi smile.

"Kei! You should hold her too. She's yours after all," Yamaguchi offered.

He didn't want (f/n) being closer to him than to her actual father. It wasn't that Yamaguchi didn't like her, no, he was extremely fond of (f/n). He hoped that one day he could have a little girl like her with Yachi. Yamaguchi just didn't want to mess with the potential bond between the father and daughter.

"I'm good," was all Tsukishima replied with.

Yamaguchi sighed and set the (f/n) down, but still held her small, soft hand. He chuckled as he watched her waddle, trying to keep up with her shorter legs. He also noticed that Tsukishima had glanced over. Yamaguchi smiled at the sight.

"Daddy! I want that," (f/n) squeaked out cutely. Both Tsukishima and Yamaguchi looked over to where her tiny and delicate finger was pointing.

"Haha! Like daughter, like father," Yamaguchi laughed.

(F/n) was pointing to the small T-Rex figurine that was placed on the display stand in front of the glass wall. Yamaguchi looked over at Tsukishima and saw the little sparkle in his eyes. He was also looking at the T-Rex figurine.

"Tch. Fine we can get that," Tsukishima murmured.

Little (f/n) clapped and skipped into the shop with Tsukishima following close behind. Yamaguchi made his way into the store and he saw many little boys with their dads.

Yamaguchi had lost his best friend and his daughter. He roamed around, worried until he heard a familiar voice. He rushed towards the voice.

"Hey listen here kid, that was very rude and sexist of you. Just because she's a girl doesn't mean she can't enjoy the same things you enjoy. It's like saying you can't have that doll, which I see you are very interested in."

Yamaguchi smiled when he saw what was happening. Tsukishima was standing protectively in front of (f/n) while scolding a boy around the age of seven. He chuckled nervously, slightly scared for the little boy's life.

"Kei! There you are!"

Tsukishima looked over, slightly shocked. Then he quickly turned to his daughter and glared. He shoved the bag of dinosaur figurines he had just bought into her stubby arms.

"Oi, learn to protect yourself properly, shortcake. This is the first and last time I'm doing that for you," Tsukishima glared.

"A-ah..."

"Thank you, daddy!" (f/n) giggled, completely unaffected by Tsukishima's intimidating glare.

Yamaguchi saw Tsukishima swallow. He chuckled and shook his head slightly. He turned to the little boy that had just been scolded and was in tears while his mother came running up to her son.

The mother glared at Tsukishima who simply huffed and turned away, beginning to usher a confused, yet happy (f/n) out the store.

Yamaguchi quickly bowed a couple of times towards the mother who just pat her son's head and exhaled angrily.

"I'm so sorry about him, miss! He's just...overprotective."

"Whatever. Come now, Sora. Don't be like that rude blond man okay?" the mother ignored Yamaguchi and gave her son a squeeze.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Kei, you seemed to actually enjoyed this trip today," Yamaguhi smiled.

Tsukishima's face went from a relaxed and a somewhat pleasured look to an irritated scowl. He pulled out the lollipop he was eating and gave Yamaguchi a look.

"Tch, I didn't. It was boring as hell."

"Your face said otherwise."

"...whatever..."

Yamaguchi was about to reply when a light knock was heard. Yamaguchi quickly scrambled up and opened the door. He smiled when he was greeted by the face of his happy girlfriend.

"Come on in, Yacchan!"

"Ah, Yachi, what brings you here?" Tsukishima asked from the couch.

"Oh Kei-kun! I just wanted to give you these," the blonde nervously handed Tsukishima a little plastic baggy.

Tsukishima raised a brow, "What's this?"

"U-uh, it's for (f/n)," Yachi mumbled, shyly.

Sure enough when Tsukishima opened the bag, all he found was a bunch of cute hair ties, headbands, bracelets, and other accessories.

"Oi, shortcake," he tossed the bag to (f/n) who somehow caught it before it hit her cute baby face, "that's for you. Thank Yachi-nee."

"Thank you, Yachi-nee!"

"Heh heh, no need," Yachi smiled.

Yachi was about to leave again when Yamaguchi pulled her back in. He insisted she stayed and told her about what had happened at the mall. Yamaguchi was proud of his friend for standing up for his daughter. He planned on telling everyone even though Tsukishima groaned and protested.

"Haha! A day out brings out a new hero, huh?" Yachi giggled, glancing at the grumpy megane.

"Tch."

"Daddy is my hero!" (f/n) proudly told Yachi while finally looking up from her new dinosaur figurines.

"Brat! I told you to stop calling me that," Tsukishima groaned which only resulted in (f/n) to start chanting 'daddy' over and over again.

"Kei-kun, I um...uh..." Yachi started, shyly, "I think you're doing great so far!"

Tsukishima was honestly a little shocked to hear that. He looked over at his freckled friend who simply nodded in agreement to his girlfriend. Tsukishima glanced at the little girl that laid on her belly, playing with the new toys. It reminded him of when he was her age. He and Yamaguchi would play together with his dinosaur toys.

Tsukishima smiled fondly at the memory but quickly turned it into a frown when he remembered that the others were staring at him.

"Ahem...thanks," he coughed awkwardly. His cheeks and ears turned red from embarrassment.

"Um, I'm going to go shower," Tsukishima said, trying to break the awkward silence.

He slipped away after that and grabbed his clothes and hid in the bathroom. A hero, huh? Am I really?

A/N: Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment ^_^
~Author-chan