He knew it wasn't his fault but it still brewed in him like it was.

Mika was suddenly mentally a different man as he reentered the car, disturbingly stiff in movement. He shut the door behind him, taking Yuu's imperfect face in his hands. The jade eyes were petrified, staring back into the blues.

"Why did she beat you?" He tried not to scream it.

Yuu hiccuped slightly on his sobs, pinkish lids blinking away the nonstop tears. "I... I stole an apple from the market and brought it home and ate it..."

"She did that?" he nearly shouted, Yuu already beginning to cry again. "Over a fucking apple?! You realize how ignorant that is?"

"I was hungry!" Yuu pleaded, and although Mika was not forwardly scolding him, the smaller boy still sobbed like he was. "I was desperate and it got the best of me... I regret it already, I do..."

His soft cries solely filled the car as Mika forced himself to shut up before he went nuts. He huffed out in disbelief, still holding gratefully onto Yuu's innocent face soaked in tears as he shook his head.

"This shit is not in anyway shape or form okay, Yuu... Alright? No... Not ever. I don't want you there anymore. Ever." He swiped his thumb over the boy's pallor cheek, brushing a knuckle over the neglected lower lip as well. Yuu just stared helplessly, knowing the words were like aiding hands trying to reach him through a cage. "Listen to me - are you listening?"

Yuu nodded feverishly in the comforting palms, too transfixed with terror to swipe the snot leaving his nose.

Mika stared at him straight on. "Why the fuck have you not run away yet?"

Dear God not that question. Anything but that question. It frightened Yuu beyond capacity. It was like asking him why hadn't he chose to die quickly by now.

"They would catch me-"

"I can kill her," he blurted out, adrenaline poisoning his system, "and I will if I fucking have to-"

"Please don't do that," Yuu begged in fright, stifling weeps again but of utter alarm this time. Sure, Anna deserved a punishment, but thought of the nun slaughtered in some sort sickened him. "Please don't kill he-"

"I swear fucking-" Mika restrained himself as he threw his hands up in the air, indignation building up in his body again. He shook it off, buckling Yuu in. He really needed to flee before the demon of a woman really did track his license plate.

He didn't even have a license. Nor was the car his.

He buckled himself in, shifting gears before pulling off harshly into the road.

Yuu just gazed out the window in the slimmest amount of relief he could sense, appeased with the fact that his own caretaker would not be purloined of life. He didn't ever wanna see a dead body in his life.

The worst thing hurting Mika was knowing he could do something about it but was on restraints. Especially in a place where he was gifted with so much freedom and control. It was punishment for a crime he chose not to commit, ironically.

But throughout the painfully noiseless ride, the anger simmered again as he periodically glanced over at the shaky boy in his passenger's, eyeing every bruise and cut. Some new, some aged. He definitely did not strongly abhor the boy anymore. He couldn't after what he underwent.