1 - Meet Harper

~ "Cake is the answer no matter the question" -Unknown ~

Cake.

Cake was the one thing Harper had on her mind. Harper was an aspiring baker. At the moment she was trying to perfect a new funfetti recipe. This was her 4th attempt trying to make the cake perfect for her dad's bakery. 1st time, it was too dense. 2nd time, there was no milk, making the cake as dry as sand. 3rd time, as she took it out of pan it crumbled to pieces. This 4th and probably final attempt for the night, she used nonpareils instead of regular sprinkles. The nonpareils bled together making the cake an ugly grey colour. Which isn't attractive for a funfetti cake.

Harper herself wasn't exactly better than the cakes. She was worn out and tired and you can see it in her bloodshot eyes. Harper was a petit 16 year old girl, with her curly, black hair pulled into ponytail. In certain lights of the bakery, you could see subtle highlights of golds, purples, pinks, blues and greens in her hair. She was covered in flour and egg yolks, as any baker would be if they were baking for 5 hours early in the morning. While baking, Harper also had to tend to the front of the store. She heard the bell ding and she rushed out to see who it was. She was met with a fairly attractive boy with a skateboard in his hand.

"Hi, welcome to Sugar Stripe Bakery. We have an array of cakes, pies, cookies, cupcakes, and macarons." She chirped out while looking down at the register.

"Could I get a vanilla cupcake please?" The medium-low voice asked. Harper looked up to she the boy's ice blue eyes.

"Sure." Harper said. Getting a napkin to grab the cupcake and placed it gingerly into the box. "Here you go. That'll be $1.55." She said punching it into the register.

The boy handed over $3. "Keep the change." He said, while picking up the cupcake and walking out of the store. Once the boy was out he dropped his skateboard and skated away. Harper was intrigued by the mysterious brown hair and blue eyed boy who was getting a cupcake before going to school. She wanted to know his name. Instantly, she dropped the leftover coins into the tip and the memory of the boy faded away as she walked back into the kitchen to go discard her funfetti mess. She proceeded to clean off the eggs yolks and flour and get ready for school. Harper's mind had started to wander back to the boy who came in earlier as she walked to school. She wanted to find out his name.

His name was Caleb...

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long to put up. I've just been busy with a leadership course... So the picture above is what Harper's hair colour is. I've decided to write this story in 3rd person instead of 1st person just to test it out.

XOXO Hopeless Dreamer...