Jillian Holtzmann

A/n: You all really seem to enjoy the J. H. one so here's one more but the next chapter will be a preference, I promise. Also double points if you can tell where I got the inspiration for this one.

~Fernweh

Jillian cringed heavily as she walked to her desk, placing her hands on the table and sighing at her stupidity, going over the conversation you had just had in the hallway.

"Yeah, I mean I wasn't going to go but now that you're going it seems like the best idea ever." She said to herself, going over what she had wanted to say before her stupid brain got in the way of it.

She cringed again and shut her eyes tightly as she thought about what you had said to her.

"Are you going to the
leaving thing tonight for Kathy?" You asked, holding onto the case files you had collected minutes prior.

"The what?" Jillian said, furrowing her brows as the name didn't ring any bells.

You raised your eyebrows. "Oh, you know Kathy, one of Patty's old friends that she introduced us to a couple weeks ago."

Jillian's eyes lit up in realization, but instead of answering that she would have loved to go she instead said. "Oh no, I'm not."

She noticed you looked a bit disappointed but you smiled at her. "Oh okay, nevermind then."

Jillian wanted to take back everything she had said and tell you that wanted to know what you were gonna ask but she just smiled at you. "Alright, goodnight then."

She got to the doorway of the lab but she heard you call out,

"Change your mind?"

Jillian stopped and turned around. "Excuse me?"

You sputtered a bit. "I just mean that I'm going and I'll give you a lift so why not?" You stumbled, smiling at her.

Holtzmann sighed heavily as she recalled you asking to go with her to the freaking party and she shrugged, still continuing her monologue to the empty lab.

"Actually now that you mention it, seems like the best plan ever, thank you."

But no, instead she told you.

"Oh no, I've got some...engineering to do." She said, sounding like she was questioning herself.

You smiled at her and ducked your head a little. "Oh okay, maybe some other time then."

"Thank you!" She sputtered out to herself, mentally kicking herself for not just accepting your invitation to go with you to the party.

Holtzmann than placed head on the wooden desk, repeatedly hitting her head on it gently.

Little did she know that you were leaning against the doorframe, brows furrowed as you listened to her every word.

So you cleared your throat, smiling a little bit as you watched. "Is the knocking sound you or the desk?" You jested.

Holtzmann slowly picked herself up from the table, but she didn't turn to face you. "How long have you been standing there?"

She heard you laugh. "Longer than you would like."

Holtzmann slowly picked up a screwdriver, still not looking at you. "Uh...okay."

You laughed again. "Are you going to look that terrifed when we go out for drinks?"

That was when she turned to face you. You were leaning out she could see you, a smile on your face.
"I...I absolutely promise I won't." She said, turning in her chair to fully face you, brushing down her coat.

That caused you to smirk. "Play your cards right and you might." You teased, walking out of the room, laughing a bit as you passed the threshold.

Jillian faced foward again, a smile on her face that was short lived when the pain from knocking her head on the desk kicked in.